What's new

Reset oil life after oil change

Hami

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2
Would like to view and Reset Oil Life indicator. Changed oil and oil filter on 2011 Accord EX tourer. Read all sorts of stuff in manual, Google and You Tube - but all seem to be a different setup (maybe American/Canadian?) Have the 3 steering wheel buttons for Sel/Res and the Up and Down buttons, but cannot get to Vehicle Info or Oil Life? I must be missing something somewhere. Can anyone help please?

Write the mileage down in a little log book, and when your milometer reads 6,000 more change oil again, also the filter if its has done more than 12,000. Note all your bits and pieces in the log, it will stand you in good stead.

If your service indicator was disabled by the dealer at pre delivery when new it can't be re enabled. That's probably what it is.

Thank you both. So with the Service Indicator probably being disabled by Dealer (F6HAD) - I'll manually record all details of oil & filter change with mileage etc. (edgeoftime). Cheers.

F6HAD said:
If your service indicator was disabled by the dealer at pre delivery when new it can't be re enabled. That's probably what it is.
No any chance to put it back?

hefi said:
No any chance to put it back?
It was probably taken off by the previous owner.
They would have to sign a waver as once the vehicle reminder system is taken off it can't be put back on.
I had mine taken off and reverted back to a normal 12.5k service schedule

A log of everything is a good idea, i.e. tyres, windscreen wipers, brakes, all consumables and help build a picture of what has been done and the endurance of varying parts. Of course if you only go to HH for bits then no good info will be acquired, but if like me you go aftermarket and cheaper you could be pleasantly surprised. GOOD LUCK.