What's new

No sound from speakers?

huggybear13

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD EX
Hello folks,

My car is a Honda Accord EX 2.2 ICTDI 2007 model.

I have a problem with the audio from my speakers, the only speakers that emit sound are the rear door speakers.
The rest of the speakers don't emit any audio whatsoever. I've played around with the fader and balance but to no avail.

Is there something wrong with my head unit? Or could it be the individual speakers themselves? Surely they can't all be blown to smithereens?

All replies appreciated.

Maybe try removing a working speaker from the rear and connect it to a front door connection to eliminate the speakers from the equation?

Andyjdmteg said:
Maybe try removing a working speaker from the rear and connect it to a front door connection to eliminate the speakers from the equation?
Will try that, thanks.

Might be the amplifier.
The premium audio system features an external amplifier. This is located in the centre dash section just under the dvd player.
The channel outputs may have been damaged.
Has all the speakers worked before or have you bought the car with those speakers not working?

accord_n22 said:
Might be the amplifier.
The premium audio system features an external amplifier. This is located in the centre dash section just under the dvd player.
The channel outputs may have been damaged.
Has all the speakers worked before or have you bought the car with those speakers not working?
I bought the car with those speakers not working. A mechanic friend is gonna check the other speakers for me to see if they are all active.

As Alex says in #4, be aware of the difference between the "premium" system and the "ordinary" system. The former has a power amp under the satnav DVD, the latter does not. There is a difference between the types of speakers and the routing of the cables.

Also worth checking all the connectors are actually plugged in properly to the external amp, as the previous owner may have removed it and installed his own amp and system etc.

Bit of closure on this thread.
Just had my mechanic friend reconnect the amp, I now have all my speakers back yippee! Seems previous owner did indeed have
an aftermarket solution thing going on.
Also had a X-carlink2 device fitted, it's completely transformed my listening experience, can't live without my music.

Thanks guys for all your replies and advice!