What's new

Fuel filter

edgeoftime

Members
Reaction score
Car
11 idtec tourer ex.
Fast approaching 60,000 and the fuel filter will need changing, Are the 8's as fussy as the 7's when it comes to make of the above. I have a "blueprint" one in the shed will this cause me any aggro if fitted?? Mine's a tourer so do want to be doing twice over.

Use a genuine one, I've seen issues with blueprint filters on the 8th gen.

You will need the special honda tool to remove the cap.

Hi Guys
Coming to a service soon myself and pretty handy with a spanner. Are the fuel filters as bad as I've heard to change ??

Reason I ask is Its heading to the stealers on Saturday morning and asked them to price the fuel filter change only and the came back with a price......!!!!!

Supplied and fitted £101.26

Thought it was pretty steep, but if I could get a few pointers from you guys I'd definitely try myself

Thoughts ??

Thx in advance

If you have the genuine honda tool then it's a breeze.

Will the one tool work for both 7th and 8th generation?

What is the issue regarding the filter caps. I removed my one very easily with a chain type filter wrench. I wrapped the cap with foam to ensure not to damage it.

The 8th gen has a paper filter element and you need the special tool to open the plastic housing without damaging it. I bought the tool from
Honda for our workshop, not worth risking damaging the housing with an improvised tool.

I believe it's unique to the 8th gen.