What's new

built in amplifier

kamiljanikjoul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Executive 2.2ictdi
Hi guys

I am one step to order some replacement sound system for my car. It's chaise unit, I know I might be completed rubbish but I can find any opinions about it so I decided to get one and try it.
The man from the shop on eBay ask me if, my car has can bus controller and if it's has a built in amplifier?
The reason why they ask me about it is because I found out that new unit has 4x45W output for speakers.
And my Honda has 8 speakers.
They telling me that unit is compatible and all speakers will work cause I should gave built on amplifier which will split sound to 8 speakers?

Is anyone knows something about it?

My car is. Honda accord executive 2.2ictdi from 2004, premium sound system without GPS, dual clime.

Thanks
Kamil

As far as I know from my experience; the Premium system is a low level (4v max I believe) line output level into the built in amplifier located underneath/behind the Nav unit. If you drive it with a 4x45w head unit you will no doubt damage the amplifier. You could however find a way to utilise the low level line output from this new Chinese unit into the amplifier 4ch input but it needs a bit of knowledge and messing around with RCA/Phono wires to do it.

What they told me, is.the chaise unit is compatible with the car and can work as with 4, 6 or 8 speakers with built in amplifier. They said everything is compatible.
I really want to try if it's gonna work as no one try it before and gave any review.

So there is no chance to connect any unit to this amplifier?
Do you know If all speaker cables going to amplifier which split signal?

From my bench testing of a Premium unit all four output channels go into the amplifier at low level, there are no direct speakers connected to the Premium unit. If you connect a 4x45w into the amplifier low level input you will damage it, the pinout is the same for the Premium & non Premium so if you connect that high power unit exactly the reverse of your Premium............ the outcome does not seem happy to me. I would not trust what a Chinese manufacturer might be saying, I suspect that is what you mean by 'chaise' ??

Thanks for advice.
Sorry for my writing. That's what I mean :) Chinese.
I think the best thing is to remove the oreginal unit and compere it with Chinese unit through the picture.
I know one guy fit video on YouTube how he connected one of this unit in hew Honda, but it was petrol.

OK, you can compare but the wiring from the HU plug is the same for high output direct drive 4x45w and low level Premium channels so I would not expect to find any differences there. If it were me I would hook up the line output drive to the amplifier inputs not the 4x45w. Your motor, your call.

^^listen to this guy not the eBay vendor.

At the very least you will have to get or make a harness to take the low level RCA from your new HU to the Honda AMP.

Or a box of tricks that will convert it all for you.

It's not plug n play as all the wires and connectors are proprietary to Honda/Alpine or whoever made it.

Ok, understand, :).
I have opened my Hu to see what is the difference between oreginal Hu and the Chinese one.
All connections, plugs, are all the same in there.
Is it easier to swap premium sound system without navigation to the one with navigation?
And have option to connect revers camera?

Ok, understand, :).
I have opened my Hu to see what is the difference between oreginal Hu and the Chinese one.
All connections, plugs, are all the same in there.
Is it easier to swap premium sound system without navigation to the one with navigation?
And have option to connect revers camera?

You can swap Premium non nav to nav yes, plug and play sort of but some additional wiring loom is required if not already in the car. Main plug which contains power, audio channels is same but there is one more plug on the other side (on the rear) for the nav dvd drive. Also you need the GPS sensor and the other upper vent panel containing the LED display for time, temp, radio as the upper panel is different front end drop to meet the higher level of the main nav unit. and iof course the dvd drive itself plus the lower storage panel if it is not the one with the flap/tray storage already. That all probably sounds confusing and a lot of work now I write it out eh lol.

I have converted my nav setup to non nav premium as I didn't like the old out of date nav screen setup, I did a lot of messing around to figure these things out what went with what and so on.

Hi, I have the premium sound system in my car and was looking at upgrading it a bit. Has anyone else done this?. It is a saloon model.

Does anyone know what the output in RMS of the factory pioneer amp is?. I do not have navi.

I was looking at installing an aftermarket headunit using a fascia adapter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171788507933?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Would I need to bypass the factory amp to do this?. Or the other option would be to install a usb/aux device

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131986924511?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I was thinking of leaving the front door speakers and tweeters and the rear door speakers. I was wanting to change out the 6x9s in the rear shelf and maybe add a subwoofer in the boot. Or perhaps the 6x9s would give enough bass if they were run through an amp?.

I was looking at the Sony mex-x100bt if I were to install aftermarket then this would give bluetooth etc as well plus its 4x100 watt max. So this would probably be more powerful than the stock amp but would the stock door speakers take this?.

Been getting a sore head looking into this as their is hardly any info on it at all. No custom boxes for subs, until recently no fascia adapters or wiring harness either.

So not sure what is the best way to go. The stock headunit and amp seem to alter bass etc when volume goes above 12. At 20 the bass is cut.

If there was a way to bypass the head unit and just run the door speakers from the aftermarket and power the 6x9s from an aftermarket external amp.

Is the stock amp close to the head unit?.

Yes, I have. I now had a double DIN JVC DAB in the lower part of the console. I used a Honda 2 DIn kit (08B06-SEA-600A 2-DIn Option Kit) which is not cheap but it fits good and plastics are good quality. As for the wiring I used a SOT cable to break out the four line inputs to the built in amp and fed them to the JVC 4v line out, the SOT cable also gives power to the JVC but retains other wires in the Honda loom that still need to go to the factory unit. I also replaced the factory screen unit to the standard premium radio climate it's really the only way to do it so you retain your climate and have the additional radio. Used a SWC interface to retain the SWC controls to the JVC.

Or you could just order the custom made fascia/climate pack from PAC audio in the US- PAC RPK4-HD1101 / http://pac-audio.com/catalog/radio-replacement/rpk4-hd1101

Its not going to be cheap about £250 imported but after its in you are free to do what you want with the audio in the 7th Gen Accord. Need to check if it will work with a Diesel tho, contact PAC for that.