What's new

i-CTDi exhaust layout question

Richard B

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 Tourer
Hi folks.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding this info.

The exhaust path on a 2.2L i-CTDi Accord (Tourer, but that probably makes no difference) is:

Manifold > Turbo > Catalytic Converter > bend/ flex > ????? > long pipe > rear ****ler pod > outlet

The ????? section is the big can under the middle of the car and what is this part?

A second catalytic convertor, or the first ****ler pod?

Thanks in advance.

Manifold --} turbo --} elbow ---} flex section --} cat --} (not had to look that far back yet )
Hope this helps though

Hmmm.

The part you refer to as "elbow" is being sold everywhere as "first cat", or similar term. It's not a pipe, it is a can wrapped in a heatshield.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=+honda+accord+ctdi+catalytic+converter&_sacat=0

I read somewhere that the N22A is coupled to a 2 stage catalytic process. But so far the internet is totally failing to neither confirm nor deny that :(

The exhaust or second catalytic converter is also being mistakenly being called a DPF. I didn't think the 2003-08 N22 used a DPF.

Manifold-turbo-precat-eblow with flex section-cat-resonator silencer-****ler...
That ???? Is the second catalytic converter
N22A2 engine which are in the Civic 2006-> are equiper with DPF

Ian.H said:
Manifold --} turbo --} elbow ---} flex section --} cat --} (not had to look that far back yet )
Hope this helps though
Apologies, yes I missed the first cat.
Manifold --} turbo --} elbow ---} pre-cat --} 90 deg bend Inc flex section --} main cat --}