What's new

Interior light faulty

davbar1986

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2 sport gt
Hi all,

I'm having issues with my interior light. This is the single unit in the centre of the roof (not the two map lights).

Several months ago I noticed the light wasn't always working either manually or whether I opened the doors.

A gentle tap would make it work again but a day later and the same fault came back.

I changed the bulb thinking it may be faulty. When I swapped it the new bulb it lit up and I thought all was well.... a day later and it's not working again!!!

Any ideas?

I had a dodgy bulb same thing happened if you take a bulb out of the front reading lights replace and update

sent using tapatalk

Could be a sticky door switch, check for function on each of the doors by pressing them by hand.

Or at worst case micu

sent using tapatalk

Thanks for the replies.

I've checked the door sensors and they're all working fine.

What's 'micu'?

Thanks again

It a multiplex unit fitted to back of interior fuse box

sent using tapatalk

Update

So today I put a new bulb in the car. Still nothing. Only concern is my old bulb is 8v and new one is 10v... would this make a difference?

I also managed to pop the fuse whilst trying to check that the light had power. I'm not great with electrics but was told using a multi meter on the positive pin that connects to the light unit and earthing the negative (on the metal panel the light fixes to) would give a reading. It just sparks instead! Guessing it's not an earth??

Are the bulbs in the map lights the same as the center light? That'll be my next test if it is.

Yes they are so borrow a working one from there also how did you test what setting did you put multimeter should be to set dc higher than 12v?

sent using tapatalk

Sorry for the late response.

Today I swapped the bulb in the map light into the roof light... and it works.... works perfectly and consistently!!

The only thing I can figure is the map light bulb is 8v and the replacement bulb I purchased is 10v. There's no other difference. Where can I buy another identical 8v bulb?