What's new

Cruise Control and DPF issue

Sincere

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi please can someone help me. I haberdashery Honda Accord 62 model. Last Tuesday DPF regeneration message appeared on car dashboard (this message shortly changed into check system with smoke kind of sign and ! mark). I took my car on the motorway and drove around 30 miles continously in 4th gear with 60m/hr speed. But it is not going away. I have also noticed that since the message has appeared my cruise control has stopped working and also the gear up/down sign indication has also stopped working. Can anyone tell me please is it due to DPF need cleaning? I am taking my car to the garage but would like to get an advise.

Yes when the DPF is stuck in regen or limp mode the cruise is disabled and your green gearshift change arrows stop working.

Drop me line if you want a quote for a permanent solution.

Thank you F6HAD, yes I would like to know the permanent solution. Alternatively I am thinking to change the car and go with petrol because I only do short jourys due to the naturend of my job and hardly drive on the motorway. Thank you.

Long term that probably is the best option for someone in your situation. Modern Diesel cars are not viable for short journeys.