Reaction score
Car
Honda accord I cdti
Hi all,

Just woundered what offset and width wheels all are running on 18s

Looking at options and wondering what offset looks/fits bets

Tia

Saloon or wagon?

My wagon sits as flush as can be on stock suspension arms.

8.5" et42 up front 225 tyre
9.5" et45 out back 240 tyre

On 19" wheels with 35mm apex lowering springs.

Front arches are stock
Rear are slightly rolled and have approx. a 10mm pull.

Not quite sure the difference out the back in a saloon, but typically in most cars they have less space in the rear arches than the estate versions.

Of course you can use those numbers to work out where you want to be in comparison.

Yeah, to see are 19's with 35 profile tyres, but 18's with 40 profile tyres are only approx 1.5mm different in size, so the same rules will apply.

8.5 et45's all round on a saloon would probably be ideal.
Best get the tape measure out and see how much more poke you can afford over the stock wheels.

Nice family car :)
I'm also interested in that discussion because i already bought some CTR FN2 wheels ( 7,5J x 18 ET 55 ) and looking to put some wheel spacers on
it but now with stock wheels ( 7,5 J x 17 ET 55 ) and tires seems the distance between the tire and the arches 5mm or less...
Does anyone tried to put low offset wheels or wheel spacers on the saloon?
What mods required?

You'll need to use a proper hubcentric type spacer to transmit the loads properly, but a 10mm spacer, giving you an et45 offset, with a 225 tyre should sit nicely. (Tread would be in the same position as mine is at the front)

With stock geometry and just 35mm springs, my car doesn't rub upfront despite only having 1 finger of arch gap.

All that really matters is the width of the tread and the wheel offset really.
The additional width of the rim either side of the tyre makes a negligible difference.

So my front wheels have just 12mm more poke. Et42 vs 55

The rears have an extra 10mm off offset plus an extra 10mm of tyre on the outside, so another 20mm.
Et45 and 240 tyre vs et55 and a 225.

That needed a slight roll and a 10mm pull. An et45 with a 225 tyre would've therefore gone in with no arch work.

I had in mind some H&R wheel spacers because they are TÜV approved and from what i heared this should be some decent stuff...is it?
The results of the measurement's from the tyre to the arch between the 7.5J x 17 ET 55 and 7.5J x 18 ET 55 and on both wheels 225 tyres should be the same?
Or i can expect some difference?

I have a saloon and went for 18" 9.5J ET40

Lots of money to get to fit (donkeys who hadnt a clue about 'stance' didnt help)

Arches rolled and pulled and adj camber arms front and back made it possible

Jan Accord said:
I had in mind some H&R wheel spacers because they are TÜV approved and from what i heared this should be some decent stuff...is it?
The results of the measurement's from the tyre to the arch between the 7.5J x 17 ET 55 and 7.5J x 18 ET 55 and on both wheels 225 tyres should be the same?
Or i can expect some difference?
H&R stuff's good quality so no problem there.

You may find that the amount of extra poke you can have is different for the front and rear wheels.