What's new

Another HID question

Linea rossa

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord I cdti
Have just read the horizon sticky and just have one question.

Face-lift dipped beam hid conversion, is there any modifications required to fit a hid kit?

Thanks in advance

Linea rossa said:
Have just read the horizon sticky and just have one question.

Face-lift dipped beam hid conversion, is there any modifications required to fit a hid kit?

Thanks in advance
Nope, they should be plug and play - go for the slimline balasts and you can fit them inside the lamp holder itself for a more factory look

Accord-EX said:
Nope, they should be plug and play - go for the slimline balasts and you can fit them inside the lamp holder itself for a more factory look
I have some for sale if interested :)

Nightwalker said:
Sent an email to Horizon, never got a reply :/
A lot of people are reporting very slow turn around time with them - there are many for sale on Amazon/ebay etc its just a standard H1 fitment

Why are they slow?

I have looked on Amazon and ebay but only seemed to find rather expensive kits or not branded and a bit obscure looking.

Do you have any specific links you could throw my way? Anyone to recommend?

Im not sure but some people on here have been saying about slow response times

Any h1 hid kit will work so something like this should be fine:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191196063590

Id stick to 35watt. My personal choice would be 6000k as it is bright white with a very slight blue tint but not that noticeable

Most of them are chinese or rebranded so don't worry as long as the ballast is metal and the connectors are waterproof sealing types you should be set!

Not to confuse you further but you can now get cree H1 led headlight kits - they have zero warm up time so can also be used for main beams

Wow! These almost seem too cheap hehe. Actually these look exactly the same as the VVME kit I have in the car now (from Horizon I think). The ballast are black on these where as mine are silver (very small ballast too).

I have heard of the LED lights, are they really any better? worth it?
Any links you can recommend?

You cant use hid kits for the headlights due to the warm up time so these are the only other option. They are more expensive. Make sure you get a very slim version as the bulb insert slot at the back of the headlight is very narrow. I prefer the version with no fan, I bought these but have still to fit yet:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162346842260

Nightwalker said:
So are LED's much better than xenon's you think?
Do they make that much more of a difference?
LED kits are much more tricky to fit, mine was a bit of a nightmare also there is also quite a difference between brands so be careful!