What's new

450 mile trip to Premier Tuning well worth it!

wenbebber

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-DTEC Tourer
So I'd been putting off making the journey for a while since getting my Accord Tourer in December but my DPF warning light came on the other day and I decided it was time (based on recommendations from this site and Facebook) to head to Premier Tuning to fix the issue once and for all, as well as getting an EGR off and Stage 1 ECU remap.

The 450 mile round trip (half of which was done in limp mode, nervy stuff on the slip roads) was well worth it. The car drives better than it ever has, feels a lot more engaging and responsive. The extra pull in 3rd and 4th is really noticeable and the bump in fuel economy is also appreciated, Overtaking is an absolute dream and slip roads are definitely not a problem any more! The best part though is definitely the peace of mind from not having to worry that the DPF light might come on at any point and ruin my day (and my wallet). In fact I'd highly recommend (as Fahad suggested to me previously, definitely wish I'd listened!) getting the full DPF and EGR off and remap done asap rather than letting the problems creep up on you.

Thanks to Fahad for fitting me in at such short notice - he really took the worry and hassle out of fixing what could potentially have been a very costly problem and even picked up on an issue with my AC that I hadn't spotted (now sorted, just needed a re-gas, no more foggy windows in the morning!).

Would highly recommend Premier Tuning to anyone. Thanks very much to Fahad and the team!

Thank you for the very kind feedback Ben, enjoy the car!

His was relatively low miles I think around 70k from memory. But I know his car came from an island off scotland so didn't do much long distance miles.

I did a 2013 facelift idtec today with only 37k miles! It had already had forced regens at the dealer.

Mileage is sometimes irrelevant.

Diesel biesel you have look after them like a high maintenance woman lol

sent using tapatalk

If only you were allowed to lock it out the way in the garage for the period each month when it develops a leak.
Mine moans constantly like it has worn bearings.
Even shiny new accessories only shut it up for a day or so.

Time to upgrade then maybe boys

Getting a replacement's the easy bit.

From what I've seen, disposal of the old one can be really expensive.

Anyone selling or swapping please let us know its about the community lmao

I think I had mine done a good 3+ now couldn't tell you the date car hasn't missed a beat just rolling up to 85k :)

Hi Fahad hope you are all good im still rocking the Honda.still not missed a beat can't justify getting rid of it even thought we have another baby lol

Glad to hear it matey, and congrats on the baby