What's new

2000 main relay issue.

DuncanM

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi guys.

My 6th gen 2000 Accord has developed an intermittent problem. After being parked for two days it started fine but after about 1 mile of driving it started misfiring and then died. It would almost re start. After about 30 minutes I managed to get it started, it was a bit lumpy but that soon cleared and all was fine.

A search of the accord webs sites seems to indicate that it may be a dodgy main relay that provides power to the fuel pump to prime it and then keep it pumping as required.

I have seen that there is a repair that can be done to the solder contacts but I would rather buy a replacement first. The thing is I cannot find one anywhere.

If anyone one has any other ideas as to what it could be please let me know or where I can buy a replacement.

Thanks

Sorry to hear of your troubles with you Accord, I regularly fix these relays for just the cost of postage, but the fix doesn't always work if its metal fatigue failure and I would highly recommend new unit from Holdcroft Honda. Alternatively, you could try a breakers yard and since lots of Hondas share the same relay it should be easy to find on eBay using the numbers on your current relay. ;)

Please let me know which relay you need I have some for sale but will post out to you need one?

sent using tapatalk