What's new

part numbers for Type S Turbo and 150bhp idtec turbo

crazydee

Members
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord Ex GT
Afternoon all,

does anyone know if the Turbo on the Type S is the same on the standard 150idtec versions ?

I have my eye set on a Type S that is up for sale, but it is in need of a new turbo. i cant seems to find a tubro for the type S but there are a fair few turbos on ebay for the 150bhp Idtec block.

does anyone know if the fitment is the same or parts numbers for the turbos ?

Thanks

I've never looked up the part numbers. I believe the internals are different although the housing looks the same.

Check on Lings

Turbo Specifications:
Garrett Part Number: 782217-5002S
OE Part Number: 18900RL0G020M2
Model: GTB1752VL
Year: 2008 - 2015
Manufacturer: HONDA
Model: Accord
Model Type : CU3
Type: i-DTEC
Series: MK VIII
Fuel: Diesel
Drive: FW
Engine Manufacturer Code : N22B1
Emission Regulation Euro: V
Displacement : 2.2
Cylinders: 4
Valves: 16
Power: KW HP PS 111KW@4000RPM

Turbo Specifications:
Garrett Part Number: 782217-5002S
OE Part Number: 18900RL0G020M2
Model: GTB1752VL
Year: 2010 - 2015
Manufacturer: HONDA
Model: Accord
Model Type : CU3
Type: i-DTEC
Series : MK VIII
Fuel: Diesel
Drive : FW
Engine Manufacturer Code : N22B2
Emission Regulation Euro: V
Displacement: 2.2
Cylinders: 4
Valves: 16
Power: KW HP PS 133KW@4000RPM

Unless I'm reading that wrong, those part numbers are the same.. probably why they look identical lol

So the power is from engine or turbo boost is changed?

sent using tapatalk

Can you also check part numbers for intercooler and injectors..

Software is totally different including boost, fuel and torque limiters. Also clutch and suspension is stronger.. brakes might also be slightly larger but I've never checked

That's makes sense fahad the boost would make a difference as you said there are some other changes as well.

sent using tapatalk

Injectors:
16450-RL0-G01 ( same on both models )
Intercooler:
19710-RL1-G01 ( 180 hp model )
19710-RL0-G01 ( 150 hp model )
Clutch:
22105-RL0-315 ( 150 hp model )
22105-RL1-305 ( 180 hp model )
Flywheel:
22100-RL0-006 ( same on both models )

Interesting so only clutch is different

sent using tapatalk

So, if we slap the bigger intercooler in, and the 180 ecu or even just software we pretty much have a home made type s...lol

What i've also been looking into is a whole turbo system upgrade. Cant find anything in the UK. However there is a fair amount of upgrades available from the U.S.

Don't touch any hybrid turbo.

F6HAD said:
Don't touch any hybrid turbo.
are they bad news

sent using tapatalk

Because they are mostly cheap Chinese junk. These guys that hybridise them always use the original factory actuator which just isn't set up for a hybrid cartridge.. so either it's pulling the vanes too much or not enough.. I've been in this game a long time now and am yet to meet someone who has a setup that is running perfectly.

Don't believe all the hype you read on the internet, a lot of people don't like admitting they've made a bad purchase.

I know few people which was in this situation of beeing in the wrong place for turbo upgrade. Here in Slovenija we have 3 "specialized" companies which do this kind of upgrades and just for info in my country there is NOT even one balancing machine for turbocharger's.
I've seen even the intake bore/hole out of center after upgrades and the power they produced after their services was waaay inferior compared to OEM one.

When i mentioned a hybrid turbo i was focused on one company... Turbo Dynamics / HybridTurbos which are well known in the whole world for their products.

I never seen their product so from that i can't defent them but from the informations i get about them, they are the way to go.

Or your experience is different?

I'm not going to single any one company out, and i can only speak from experience. Like i said I'm yet to meet someone who genuinely has a quality setup with a hybrid turbo.

If the technology was that good, it would have been implemented by mainstream manufacturers as they're all trying to reduce engine size and use forced induction to increase power output.

I think the proof of the pudding is always in the eating.

It seems that all the hybrid turbo builds here unfortunately haven't gone the way the owner intended.

There are a lot of companies out there making big promises, but very few who can actually deliver them.

^^keep us informed

There it is not a problem about power output, but around engine efficiency so in my opinion this technology is not bad but with that you can't raise the extraction of energy out of the fuel and that's why this is not used by manufacturers.

Goodluckmonkey said:
I think the proof of the pudding is always in the eating.

It seems that all the hybrid turbo builds here unfortunately haven't gone the way the owner intended.

There are a lot of companies out there making big promises, but very few who can actually deliver them.
Exactly

I would buy it complete with the actuator mate

Thanks. Thought so and will do so. Just so i can estimate my costs, these take about 4 hours to change or less?

It's not a massive job but I would give your mechanic at least half a day to be thorough