What's new

Parking sensors not working

Skogshuggare

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2005
Hi all,
Just purchased my second tourer, 57 plate.

It came with rear parking sensors but they have not worked in the two weeks I have had the car, the previous owner didn't even know the car had them.

I can't tell if they are a retro fit or manufacturer fitted.

There is no beep when going into reverse. Also I have checked for a pulsing feeling on the actual sensors themselves when in reverse but none is given.

What would be the best way to disagnose the problem or even to figure out the difference between a retrofit and a manufacturer job?
I imagine a retro would break into the reversing light and a Honda job may go in through the MICU box?

Any help appreciated.

If it's like mine, the control box is in the spare wheel well (inflation kit well.. more accurately) underneath the moulding that fits in there. It's a small box with all the wiring and a few dip switches to control the sensor fields.

JpdOrYQ.png

Speaker is on left side in boot under plastic cover should be a factory fit unless upgraded

sent using tapatalk

Richard B said:
If it's like mine, the control box is in the spare wheel well (inflation kit well.. more accurately) underneath the moulding that fits in there. It's a small box with all the wiring and a few dip switches to control the sensor fields.

JpdOrYQ.png
Thanks Richard, I will have a look. Is yours retro fit or factory fitted?

honda_saj said:
Speaker is on left side in boot under plastic cover should be a factory fit unless upgraded

sent using tapatalk
Is that behind the Radio speaker or under whee arch trim?

Mine is this kit, so definitely an aftermarket. Speaker sits on rear left pillar. Works pretty well though.

429-1.jpg