What's new

Radio reception

simpo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
Anyone find the Accord aerial shocking? Mine struggles to get reception on the decent radio stations. Is there any type of booster you can get?

Ditto! I always just figured it's because I'm on the coast and generally radio reception isn't great on the south east coast. But if anyone knows of something that could boost signals more, I'd be very interested.

On virtually every other car I have owned, there would be a 'DX' setting which allows reception of radio stations that are either more distant, or near a frequency from a stronger, local station.
Is this not part of the Honda console ?

Good find. Some things to investigate there.

I presume that the OP is talking about about poor FM reception? How does it compare to using the FM app (with headphones as the antennae) on your phone? Better or worse?

Yeah it's fm put kiss fm on secs later it goes straight to classic fm doesn't have a problem with that station

I took a closer look at the radio 'aerial' on the side windows earlier as I was clearing out the boot. I have the Honda internal blinds to prevent the rear section from heating up.

The wiring on the glass not like the usual demister system of rear windows, but contains a square element at the front and a rectangle towards the rear hatch,

Whilst there are no marks on mine, it does look as though if the compartment has been used to transport something like a plaster panel, or a fixed dimensional object (chair/cabinet), they could get damaged, causing a break in the circuit.

Have a close look around the lines on the two units, (better a feel), there might be some damage.