What's new

radio unlock code

Richard B

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 Tourer
My car did not come with any information regarding the unlock code for the console unit.

What do people suggest would be the most straightforward way to get this code? I think I saw some old paperwork that came with the car that states the original UK registration.

Thanks.

Hi Richard.

Normally a trip to your local Honda dealer should be able to help, you will need the serial number of the radio & proof of ownership.

smokingman said:
Hi Richard.

Normally a trip to your local Honda dealer should be able to help, you will need the serial number of the radio & proof of ownership.
I suppose there is some sort of universal database for all Honda units world wide? Serial number of the radio.. which panel do I need to remove to read that?

edgeoftime said:
Are you sure you need one? mine does,nt nor did my 7th either. Just need to retune the station
Did your 7 have the sat nav unit?

Anyway, what you say actually makes sense. The previous owner had car was serviced by a non-Honda local mechanic for years, and it makes a lot of sense they didn't have the code either, and still disconnected and reconnected the battery at will.

The Honda manual continuously hammers on to make sure the code is known, as it recommends to disconnect the battery for every procedure except checking the tyre pressure. And it insists the code must be reinserted every time.

OK I suppose I could just disconnect the battery and see what happens.

However just in case it locks, has anyone experienced a locked unit? Does it block access to all screen based functions?

But I just looked in my driver wallet and found a card that gives info on restoring radio code? it gives a 6 number reference, but on the back it states "After disconnecting battery you may need to re enter this 4 number code which will manifest on the nav screen with a message reading "enter code by using the touch screen or joystick", I now need to know which of the 6 will be the right 4?? and not having a touch screen I am at a loss. Maybe the "memory" gets lost after a considerable time without battery connection. ???

7th gen cars don't need a code, but some (not all) 8th gens do.