Not open for further replies.

Seanb

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th Gen Diesel
THIS IS A RE-POST FROM 'NEW MEMBERS' SECTION

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2004 icdti with all those miles on the clock.Believe when i say i love this car but time waits for no car and it's now due a change.

Please all advise if you can -

I'm considering a 2013/14 petrol this time around.Diesel is just far too much hassle.So.... because i drive a cab here in Dublin I will obviously expect this car to deliver a lot of miles in it's time with me.with that in mind can anyone out there please advise if there are any major issues with the engine on the petrol version.I had to get timing chain done on my diesel which was a real pain so i'm looking to avoid, or at least know in advance about the issues with the petrol.

Also can anyone give a guesstimate of how many miles the clutch should last please on the petrol.

Any other faults/issues which are common with them ? please feel free to flag.I'm aware no car is without issues over time but I'd just like to know in advance if i could

thanks in advance guys :)

Sean

No need to repost, mate. The original was fine where it was ;) . I'll lock this thread, otherwise we'll end up with crossed wires and confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.