elipton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name:Olly
  • Car :Ford Cougar V6
  • LocationEssex

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

Gave you chaps a mention in our 2nd paper feature!

http://www.halsteadg...amous_car_show/

• Stevearcade, Jon_G and Goodluckmonkey like this

#22 Stevearcade

Stevearcade

TA Friend

• Super Moderators
  • 6,871 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car :2003 Accord CM2
  • LocationEastbourne

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

Gave you chaps a mention in our 2nd paper feature!

http://www.halsteadg...amous_car_show/

You legend!  :D

My CM2 - Cold Air Intake with K&N Filter, Custom 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust, Reflashed ECU, Custom Made 8J Steelies from Extreme Offset, BC Racing Coilovers, Short Shifter, Type-R Gear Knob, XCarLink iPod Interface, Interior & Exterior LED Bulb Conversion, Wind Deflectors, Yellow Fog Lamps, JDM size plates, Type S Grill (with blacked out chrome), Front & Rear Type S Skirts.

#23 elipton

elipton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:07 PM

Good evening all, I hope you're all doing well. I've finally managed to log in to address the rally car.

Before I continue with the update, I must apologise for not being able to attend the Japfest as planned. A culmination of things from having a car in no state to present to going through a few personal difficulties stop us from being able to make it. I felt rotten about it, to the point I couldn't stand to look at the car. I realise we let you down, but I hope the Type-Accord stand was as strong as ever. 

The story goes a bit like this: We tried doing what all charity teams seem to be doing, and used outdoor metallic paint. Something went badly wrong. Weeks after applying it, it simply wasn't drying, and we're convinced there was some kind of reaction with the existing lacquer that kept it from curing. There was only one thing for it. We got out the 4000psi pressure washer and took to stripping it. It was heartbreaking. It left us with the horrific task of sanding her down on large parts of the car so that we can try it again. (continued below)

1DZ8NUR.jpg

We sanded and sanded, and after about 3 weeks of graft whereby we couldn't show off the car or use her, we were able to paint again. This time we used sprays, and it seemed to go far smoother. Within 2 weeks, the car was ready for decals. (continued)

4WTfngz.jpg

And so that brings us pretty much to today. There are certainly bits and pieces that need attention, but by and large, she's rally-ready!

NfJl1Oh.jpg

Ebb2234.jpg

uoqT9tQ.jpg

• freddofrog likes this

#24 Stevearcade

Stevearcade

TA Friend

• Super Moderators
  • 6,871 posts
  • LocationEastbourne

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

Looks great! Good work. Don't worry about JapFest. Hopefully you'll still have the car next year and you can bring it along then  ;)

My CM2 - Cold Air Intake with K&N Filter, Custom 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust, Reflashed ECU, Custom Made 8J Steelies from Extreme Offset, BC Racing Coilovers, Short Shifter, Type-R Gear Knob, XCarLink iPod Interface, Interior & Exterior LED Bulb Conversion, Wind Deflectors, Yellow Fog Lamps, JDM size plates, Type S Grill (with blacked out chrome), Front & Rear Type S Skirts.

#25 elipton

elipton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

All packed and ready to go! Departure tomorrow morning to head to St Omer.

Images from the 2200 mile trip will be uploaded primarily to our facebook and instagram, both searchable by using @thethreerocketeers

Here's the latest images from our fundraising campaign where we've raised £2750 for charity!

iBpSs9e.jpg

Txqxsb8.jpg

a5WhtYh.jpg

y7FgXkw.jpg

• Stevearcade likes this

#26 elipton

elipton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

Here are a few snaps from our 2000+ mile trip across Europe and back!

We visited loads of amazing places, including:

- St Omer
- Vianden Castle
- Luxembourg City
- Konstanz
- Innsbruck
- Passo Dello Stelvio
- Bormeo
- Olgiasca
- Baia de Pare
- Monaco
- Nice

The car is virtually bulletproof. We had a spell off-roading, climbed a mountain, bottomed out about 7 times on the mountain, did 125mph on the autobahn, donuts in France. The car still runs without issue. They make Hondas well.

Here are a few photos I took. We took thousands, so I need to sift through and find the best ones.

PWZg9rP.jpg
PZaT51Q.jpg
NwOk9tdr.jpg
FfSCWOE.jpg
YPFRUaN.jpgSRtMpt8.jpg
P0xggky.jpg
xbuFXJZ.jpg5YcBSbM.jpg
I6cCu1p.jpg7CSurJn.jpg

• Stevearcade and Jon_G like this

#27 Stevearcade

Stevearcade

TA Friend

• Super Moderators
  • 6,871 posts
  • LocationEastbourne

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

This is awesome! Been keeping an eye on this on Facebook. Looks like a lot of fun.