What's new

02 sport keyfob not working

Shurv

Members
Reaction score
Car
02 accord sport
Hi I did a quick search but couldn't find anything on here, the other night locked car with remote no problems, next morning go to go to work and fob doesn't work, light didn't light up so changed the battery thinking might be that, but still doesn't work and light still not lighting up
Thanks for your help in advance kris

Don't wory about it ;-)
On the whole key circuit board.
You have nothing to lose if you try

OK so I don't have any contact spray about but took it apart anyway checked the board for any obvious signs, nothing so next step was to look at the battery and noticed that the spring wasn't quite touching pryed it forward slightly and the light started working, reprogrammed the fob and now it's working

Glad it's sorted. I had the same problem, I folded a small piece of paper and put in inside the fob so everything was packed tighter. That was a few years ago now. It still works.

Just took apart again as was still temperamental packed a bit of paper behind seems to be working better now

I had to something similar, put a clear plastic as the battery wasnt big enough so would lose contact.

Just a point if you fit wrong battery cell you can have this issue as well as the cr battery are same diameter but have difference thicknesses

sent using tapatalk