What's new

Procedure for changing clutch & ps fluid.

MyfirstVtech

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
As above is there a certain procedure for the above. Clutch for instance pump the pedal a few times then hold it down open the nipple let the fluid out shut the nipple pump the pedal and so forth till fish fluid come thru?

Yes but with clutch I always recommend using vacuum pump to bleed and also then push in slave cylinder and bleed so all air is removed from both master and slave cylinder top up and test.

sent using tapatalk

For PAS fluid, use genuine Honda fluid and you will need a few bottles to drain out all old, you need to to do full lock left to right to drain air out of the system.

Don't let either clutch or PAS resorvoir run low or dry during procedure.

With pas is it best to syringe as much of the old fluid out then top up and keeps doing that till it all looks fresh?
Can I do the same with the clutch fluid as the nipple to bleed is right up next to the manifold?

If you don't pass fluid through the nipple then you aren't flushing out the air and contaminated fluid. Bleed nipples can shear off, by the way,so personally I wouldn't touch one unless i knew there was a problem.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

MyfirstVtech said:
With pas is it best to syringe as much of the old fluid out then top up and keeps doing that till it all looks fresh?
Can I do the same with the clutch fluid as the nipple to bleed is right up next to the manifold?
Yep syringe out all old fluid, put new fluid in, run engine, do full lock to lock both side, then take fluid out again, new fluid in again, repeat until the fluid is clear like new fluid, this is a long method but the safest method without risking brekaing your PAS pump.

The clutch fluid bleed valve is in an odd place, you have to take engine mount off and raise engine to fit a tube onto it.

exec said:
Yep syringe out all old fluid, put new fluid in, run engine, do full lock to lock both side, then take fluid out again, new fluid in again, repeat until the fluid is clear like new fluid, this is a long method but the safest method without risking brekaing your PAS pump.

The clutch fluid bleed valve is in an odd place, you have to take engine mount off and raise engine to fit a tube onto it.
Cheers exec the last thing I want is a sheared nipple

could be worse

stock-photo-a-macaque-baby-sucking-on-mother-s-teat-108629216.jpg

If I had a monkey hanging off my nipple I would hope it doesn't bite down more importantly why am I thinking of monkeys in my nipples.

I did the clutch fluid first, just got my syringe with a bit of tube on the end a ducked as much as I could out then filled it back up, pumped the pedal a few times, emptied it again and did that procedure a few times till it stayed relatively clean.
The power steering was near enough the same but maybe need doing again.