What's new

Veggie Time

Channel Hopper

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 7 Estate 2005
Whilst I wouldn't consider this for the Estate (or would I?), I've had my fair share of cars that have run on straight vegetable oil from out of the supermarket, and the stuff I could find on most street corners in Southall/Hayes area once it had been sat in a fish tank for a couple of months.

In the description is the specific 'Accord 2.2 i-CDTi Nicht' without the year next to it, plus a number of my previous cars/engines that were perfectly happy (apart from the ZX that needed a new pump almost immediately after purchase, though it might have been on its way out anyway since the previous owner has been running the car on all sorts, the evidence was in the boot upholstery and tank filler.).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vegetable-Oil-Fuel-System-SVO-WVO-Heater-Exchanger-/280429262248

So has anyone done this to their steed, and are the Bosch fuel parts on the 2.2 iCtdi up to running on the amber fluid ?

I would hold off on that one as the words next to the honda 2.2 cdti models translate to 'not possible'

I had a 94 Golf that I could chuck veg oil in, but I would be reluctant to chuck veg oil in more modern diesels. I get the impression modern diesels have much smaller tolerances and are more finely engineered and tuned.

bob_t said:
I would hold off on that one as the words next to the honda 2.2 cdti models translate to 'not possible'
Thanks, you can tell I did not do well in languages at school/ college.