Type Number Help URGENT

mike1980

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2004
Hi All,
I have a V5 certificate that is somehow missing Section D.1 Type

I need to register this car here in France tomorrow morning, and they won't let me without this number (WWZ30) for example on my Toyota.

It will cost me hundreds (literally) if I don't do this tomorrow (Monday) morning.

Its an Accord Tourer 2.0 (CM1) 2004
Vin No: JHMCM18703C20****
Engine: K20A61504433

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN - I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

Oh, and has anyone else got this section (D.2) missing from their V5 ?

Mike

btw if you can, edit your post so that the last 4 digits on the VIN and engine number are **** or xxxx or similar

freddofrog said:
btw if you can, edit your post so that the last 4 digits on the VIN and engine number are **** or xxxx or similar
Sorted.

Better to be safe than sorry, Mike ;)

Firstly, thank you so much for any help, F***ing love you guys, I really am grateful.

Now, so Hang on a second... Mines a CM1 Already knew that....BUT....

Is that the Type or Variant ?

And WTF is : 17SED01 Then ( I THINK) that's the Type and CM1 the variant....

PLEASE don't think I'm being so difficult, it's the commi-French that are. To them you see - The e6*2001/116*0093*00 Number is the Type Approval Number as found in Section K on post 2003 V5 docs in UK Thus, why I don't need a Certificate of Conformity But, they see this same number repeated in Section D.2 and nothing else, so they don't know (understandibly) why its written twice and they see no Type or Variant Old Fashioned codes Like ZZW30 for my Toyota etc or E36 for a BMW....

This is gonna take all night I reckon, but I have to go 2 Hours away tomorrow morning to give this info and lots more to register the car here in France.

Thanks again for any info

Hmmmm ...you're definitely asking some deep questions but fortuitously I have two V5C's for my car

The first one is Blue and Green on the front page, with a date 7/05 (note that I bought the car in 2006)
In Section 4
D.1 Make .........................HONDA
D.2 Model/Type ...............ACCORD VTEC EXECUTIVE
...............variant ...............e6*2001/116*0094*00
D.3 Body type ..................ESTATE

The second one is Red and Pink on the front page, with a date 3/11 (it came in the post with a small booklet explaining the differences but it doesn't explain section 4)
In Section 4
D.1 Make ..........................HONDA
D.2 Type ...........................(blank)

...............variant ...............e6*2001/116*0094*00
D.3 Model ........................ACCORD VTEC EXECUTIVE
D.5 Body Type .................ESTATE

Further down, on both of the V5C

[D.4] Wheelplan ..................2-AXLE-RIGID BODY
J Vehicle Category ..............M1
K Type Approval Number ....e6*2001/116*0094*

Other than in the VIN, CM2 (which my car is) does not occur anywhere on either document

The confusion over use of "CM1/CM2/etc" on some V5C might be due to the fact that there are several systems of type approval
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/vehicletype/type-approval-for-ca.asp
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca//vehicletype/ecwvta-framework-directive.asp
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/vehicletype/definition-of-vehicle-categories.asp

YES !

With a little help....

and creativity.

Can't say more im afraid.

Except 1.5 hours sleep last night and still can't beleive it ! Happy and ****ed Off

Thanks to all very muchly

:)