What's new

Brake disc size 2004 Tourer 2.0

AntHill Mob

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2cdti mega tourer
Accord 2.0i Exec Auto Tourer (with larger alloys, which may be important)

Hi
Before I order some new Front discs/pads, can I check the size with someone? Honda list 2 sizes of disc, confusingly: 280mm and 300mm.
Rang Honda and he didn't know but gave me the part # 45251-SEA-E00 which seems to correspond to 280mm. Is that right? I'm guessing the 300mm were a change in production specs or were they for bigger wheels (like my original ones - now on 16" steels).

Also, 2 types of pads. Aaaaagh. I've looked at Lings and EBC and I think it's this sort
Eurocarparts Part number 101600168 - Pagid pads

As they've got 30% off service parts at the moment, I'm keen to get them ordered
(Did anyone ever get around to starting a "Current discount code" thread for ECP? It was mentioned in another thread.)

Any ideas? Failing that I'll just park one side on a steep kerb and measure.

Thanks in advance.

I wasn't sure about this either when I replaced my diesel Tourer front discs and pads recently. So I simply measured it, which is the only reliable way to know!

I got the replacement (300mm) Brembo discs and pads from ECP for about £90. I was fortunate that there was both a 55% promo code available plus a £10 off deal when buying Brembo discs and pads together.

It's an easy job, but best to use an impact driver to shift the disc securing screws.

Jan - I'll dig out my VIN later.
Jon - as you say, best way is to measure. If I can't find a high pavement, I'll wait until the weekend and see if I can find my jack to double check. LPG is great but displacing the tools etc can be a pain.

ECP are still doing an offer (up to 56% over Easter), so it's still 30% off brake parts, which means I can get Pagid pads and cheapo discs for £100. Might see if I can stretch to £130 for Pagid/Pagid but bearing in mind my garage will only charge me £30 to do the job, I may spend it with him.

Thanks both for the replies