What's new

OCD no good for anyone ... rear arches

spud350

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer 2.4 Type-S
So every couple of years I take my car to the paintshop where they take the arches with spots of rust down to bare metal and paint them up again. This stops them getting to a point off nastiness and relieves my OCD of any sort of rust on the car. However they say to stop it coming back the only way is to replace the arch. Many would deem this an unnecessary expense but it's on my mind to do so.
However, I've had a quote from Honda for over £300 per side for the panels alone.
Does anyone know of pattern panels for the 03-08 2.4 tourer?

Cheers Spud.

I've no idea if there are pattern panels for the 7th gen, personally I doubt it.

I'm surprised Honda "only" want £300 per side , normally I'd expect at least double that ;)

I would be tempted not to change rear quarter.. You will break the factory primer seal over a big area and find instead of curing the issue you make it bigger, never break through or remove factory primer if ever in anyway possible.

It's actually over £400 per side but with the HH discount it's nearer £300. Apparently the price hasn't come down since they 1st came out , what a swizz.
I won't be changing the rear quarter as it'll just be the arch cut out and the new one welded in.