What's new

Air con regas

jimlington

Members
Reaction score
Car
2010 EX Diesel Auto
Hi all. Just to say had my car regassed and bacteria treatment at ats euromaster for 32.95. Groupon offer, if anyone needs it doing. Seems to of worked well so am well pleased after 12 months of it not working. See if it lasts!

Hi, mine needs another recharge as usual, like it does every summer, whats this Groupon offer? £32.95 with anti-bacterial is a very good price!

Yes I thought was good value too. It's on groupon described as an air con recharge and anti bacterial treatment. They had it done in an hour or so. Didn't even need to book in.

Jon_G said:
Mine lasted almost a week when I had it regassed last summer!
Oh dear, that bad? Or was that how long you needed to use it for? :lol:

Dodgy seals somewhere maybe, i know i have a seal gone somewhere, but god knows where, gonna have to get a dye test done next week and see where the gas leaks out.

There's a measured quantity of oil in the system, NOT using aircon results in the seals drying out, particularly on the compressor shaft.

Jon_G said:
My condenser is leaking.
I've no experience of that myself, but these might help you
51BdAjPxxGL._SY300_.jpg

Company bought one for regassing excavators and bulldozers ....side benefit ....it fits all our cars too

freddofrog said:
I've no experience of that myself, but these might help you
51BdAjPxxGL._SY300_.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Used ATS last year was good. They didn't find any leaks, But now this year it's not ice cold anymore. Nearly 4 yrs ago when I bought the car, I had to turn the aircon off because it got soo cold in the car, but now it's never like that again. Something somewhere not right.

On Groupon there is another local aircon refill deal for £19 but with 15% off using code new15 works out at 16.45. No antibacterial but nearly half price if ATS. Only useful if you live close to Oldham really. I have just purchased.

Be aware that when these places do a leak test it's only a vacuum test i.e. the machine draws out all the (remaining) gas and keeps the piping under vacuum for a period of time and checks if the vacuum pressure starts to go back towards atmospheric.

But after they've declared it ok and refilled it, when the aircon is running later, the compressor puts about 15 Bar pressure into the piping between compressor and condenser, which will find any leak points that the vacuum test did not. Many instances of people going back and forth to a re-gas station.

Yeah thought it was cheap for a reason, I cancelled, booked with ATS today

All vacuum leak tests are the same, and AFAIK all their machines do a vacuum leak test.

Tried turning on my air con today, usually you hear a change in sounds from the engine, but nothing happening at all now, compressor not kicking in or dead????

ATS did my aircon yesterday. Car like fridge now, gotta wear a jacket inside

Mine lasted a week after a refill, so I'll give it until next weekend!

Logically, without fixing the reason for why all the previous gas leaked out, a refill will never last very long...