What's new

DMF for CU3?

Reaction score
Car
2008 Accord EX GT
Hi everybody! Happy Friday!

Where can i find the correct flywheel for my CU3 (2008 Accord 2.2 Diesel, N22B engine)?

people must have needed to change on flywheel on these before. anybody know any links to the exact fitment.

P.s dont really ant to pay honda over £1000 for an oem one.

Many Thanks
Alex T

LUK make these for Honda. I can't tell you where to buy it, but pretty much any LUK stockist will be cheaper than Honda (even with our generous forum discount at Holdcroft Honda, available to all members).

Why do you need one? Usually the clutch (also LUK) is replaced due to slippage and a decision is made during disassembly about whether the DMF has excessive free play.

So you're just planning ahead if the original DMF is found to be excessively worn? I like mister auto, but that's still a lot of money!

The 180S iDTEC has an uprated clutch that can be retrofitted to the 150 bhp models. Might be worth considering?

Hey guys! Thanks for your input! Basically I had Fahad remap my accord. The clutch started to slip due to the power increase. I have purchased the type a clutch from honda and like you mention jon_g, I'm doing it as it's seems like the perfect time to get it done. The car has 128,000 on the clock now.

Thanks again!

Alex T

Also 'culater', just noticed the link you provided is for the i-ctdi engine?? Are the flywheels the same on both i-ctdi and i-dtec??

Regards,
Alex T

I think that, because the thread is in "Honda Accord Chat" some 7th gen users may not realise that CU3 is 8th gen.

AFAIK the stock torque on the i-DTEC is higher than the stock i-CDTi . But no idea about the comparable re-maps.

triscottalex said:
Also 'culater', just noticed the link you provided is for the i-ctdi engine?? Are the flywheels the same on both i-ctdi and i-dtec??

Regards,
Alex T
I'd say its the same
Try to put your number plate when on minster auto

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

i still cant find a link where i know for sure that it will be the correct fitment.... can any of you more experienced guys shed any light perhaps. or do the mk7 and mk8 share the same flywheel?

^^x2
And this is not the only difference.
For the fitment if you are not sure, you can send me your VIN number and i will check the OEM Honda part number so in this way is a 100% sure correct firment

hey jan accord! my VIN is: JHMCU35709C201398

thats really handy tip freddo frog! thanks!

i believe the part number i need is: 22100RBD006

regards
Alex T

Hi Alex
From your VIN number i found the flywheel with the following OEM part number: 22100-RL0-006

This has brought up an interesting point about the 8th gen

My 'understanding' , which I got from another forum (that increasingly seems to have incorrect info) is that 2008 was an overlap year

i.e. 7th gen 2003-2008 and 8th gen 2008-2015

But if you change the OP's VIN to a 2008 --> JHMCU35708C201111 and put it into here --> http://www.lingshondaparts.com/cars/oem-car-parts-diagrams.html you get an error message (note that JHMCU35709C201111 is ok)

This suggests that 7th gen is 2003-2008 and 8th gen is 2009-2015 i.e. no overlap year in the factory

So reg plate is not indicative of the car's build in the factory.

i.e. on some occasions the reg plate can be +/- 1 year different from the year in the VIN .
Where a reg plate is +1 year from the VIN it's obvious that it took a while for the car to get registered in the UK after it was built in the factory, but where a reg plate is -1 year from the VIN, it's probable that the car was pre-registered (before it was ***embled in the factory)

freddofrog said:
^ that will be because the OP's car is a 2009 not a 2008

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection?block_01=17TL1901&block_02=E__4800&block_03=3374&block_05=hcr

you only require the first 10 characters of a VIN --> JHMCU35709 see --> http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/23517-honda-vin-numbers/
^^Exactly
As mentioned above the overlap years may cause some confusion when searching some parts and that's why i asked for the VIN number.
Guys you should see what is happening on overlap years of Renault.
Last time i needed some end tie rods of the steering for Clio 2 1.2 16v and there was 7 different types of them.
I took them with me in the shop and none of the 7 variants was compatible with this car.
At the end we figured out that they were from Laguna model so including that there is 8 variants ;-)
Even at Renault service with the VIN number they was not able to tell which part is for this car [emoji23]

Something very weird going on in the Renault factory LOL

Even with that VIN JHMCU35709C201111 you get 3 options, so there are some subtle differences on a few parts on a 2009 CU3 EX-GT (CU35709)

hey guys!

thanks for the information. i guess its safe to say that the VIN number is a more reliable way of identifying the vehicle. i think the 3 different option on lings are spec differences, i l believe there was a non sat nav ex gt, a middle of the road with a sat nav and an exgt with all the bells and whistles (LKAS, CMBS etc)

the part number you gave me Jan is spot on so thanks! unluckily for me no one seems to have them in stock haha! although i think il wait till cox motor parts have a LUK flywheel in as its a great price!...

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-accord-22-idtec-luk-dual-mass-flywheel20092015-p-4682.html

also ive noticed they seem to agree that the accord 8th gen is from 2009 onward so you were right freddo!

Regards
Alex T

You could also try searching for "Honda Accord 2009 DMF" they should all be the same for 2009 (probably even 2009-2015)

Jan Accord said:
^^Exactly
As mentioned above the overlap years may cause some confusion when searching some parts and that's why i asked for the VIN number.
Guys you should see what is happening on overlap years of Renault.
Last time i needed some end tie rods of the steering for Clio 2 1.2 16v and there was 7 different types of them.
I took them with me in the shop and none of the 7 variants was compatible with this car.
At the end we figured out that they were from Laguna model so including that there is 8 variants ;-)
Even at Renault service with the VIN number they was not able to tell which part is for this car [emoji23]
Try to order some drop links for clio. Same as tie rod ends, 7 or 8 different types. 280mm 258 254 260... :))