What's new

skoda yeti or 9th gen civic?

Two quite different cars on the face of things - the yeti with its (optional) Haldex 4x4 system, cube like shape is pushed as an outdoorsy square golf with added practicality. It looks like it's built in the usual Volks way with plusher materials etc.
The civic is, well a civic? And (in my own very personal opinion) one of the ugliest things on the road. It will no doubt though have the usual Honda reliability (if you opt for a petrol) but is more of the generic family hatch than the yeti.
I've been a passenger in a yeti and it seems like a nice enough place to be, good visibility and comfortable if not a little bland but felt solid. never been in a 9th gen (driving) but have sat inside at the dealer and it was dark lol, to be honest could have been sat in a 308 or an Astra.....huge blind spots created by the a pillars and rear hatch to. It seems they've simplified the dash layout much like the other manufacturers with a large touchscreen in the dash. The seat was comfy though!
Doing some reading it seems Honda have gone back to the independent link suspension and firmed the chassis somewhat to give a sportier feel/drive which will be a plus for some people.
I would say weigh up what you want them to do and if you haven't already take them for a spin.
Also worth bearing in mind I think there's a new model yeti about to arrive (if it hasn't already)

If you do opt for the yeti the 2.0 tdi engine in the one I went in felt very punchy

interesting comments.

I really hate buying cars.

my accord cost me £6000 and its done its job well since may 2012.

I wish I could stop looking any just keep the accord another year but I just feel the "want" for a change.

my accord has 134k on the clock now,. local independent dealer offered me £700 trade in.

If your in no rush why not sell it privately ? Likely get a few more bob towards the next one.

Are you talking about the current Yeti or its replacement the Karoq?

£700 trade in for a 2008 7th gen is far too low, that's about the price of a pre-facelft 7th gen.

As for the Yeti I don't know, I presume it's based on a VW, if so which one ?

It's built on the golf platform freddo, good base chassis to be honest. Closest Honda equivalent - frv I guess

Golf is a good car, in fact the only thing wrong with German engineering seems to be VSA modulators LOL

freddofrog said:
Golf is a good car, in fact the only thing wrong with German engineering seems to be VSA modulators LOL
Are you serious?
I didn't know that Japanese cars have anything to do with German cars.
They both mount Bosch ABS/VSA modulator [emoji23]

^^right.
I mess it up. Alreday spent some time around VSA modulator and don't ever remember it. Because the price i think :)

My uncle bought an Skoda Yeti with 1.4 turbo engine few months ago and i must tell that it's a nice car to drive.
The seats are located preety high, confortable, soft driving and the engine is very quiet in the cabin.
I would reccomend to buy it

I had Octavia mk1 for 3 years it was 11years old with 93k on the clock when I got it
All that went wrong was a door lock which I fixed for 50£
Now I've accord 56 plate 102k on clock and the clutch slipping wheel bearings needs changing and I just hope the VSA/ABS wouldn't come on
That makes me say go for the yeti mate

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk