What's new

No Throttle?

Stratos

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 i-CTDi Tourer
Travelling back home around midnight last night, doing 30mpg and the engine light came on and I quickly realised that I had lost all throttle control, no matter how much I pressed on the accelerator, nothing happened.
I dumped the car where it was and walked the final two miles home as I couldn't see much wrong in the dark.
I will return later tonight to see if I can get the car home and retrieve any codes from the ECU.

Any obvious shouts from those who have experienced this issue before??

seems like its gone into limp mode. I would try and start it first and see if the fault clears. Failing that you'll need to get the fault code scanned

Stratos said:
Travelling back home around midnight last night, doing 30mpg and the engine light came on and I quickly realised that I had lost all throttle control, no matter how much I pressed on the accelerator, nothing happened.
I dumped the car where it was and walked the final two miles home as I couldn't see much wrong in the dark.
I will return later tonight to see if I can get the car home and retrieve any codes from the ECU.

Any obvious shouts from those who have experienced this issue before??
If the RPM's are at cca 1500 or so then it's a big chanse to point the finger on the TPS sensor.
The throttle does not respond in this case.
For other faliures usualy you still have a bit of throttle avaliable