What's new

how to price my accord?

sipepguru

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th gen 2008
Hi

im going to look at a YETI on Saturday which I will prob buy.

Looks like I will be selling my accord.

whats the best way to price it.

its

2008 7th gen, GT SPORT sat nav , bluetooth etc. 2.2 diesel.

i purchased it 5 years ago and updated some bits when i first got it.

accord delta 18" diamond cut,
full stainless twin exit exhaust with resonator (so sounds normal)
H&R springs fitted professionally fitted and 4 wheel alignment,
S TYPE GRILL.

p.s im not a boy racy, 3 kids , mid 30s, I just wanted the car to look nice.

The wheels refurbishing and headlights look abit hazy i.e need a polish.

its got 12 month mot and ive always serviced with the more expensive 0-30 oil from day one, which prob means nothing to a none member.

the issue is, its got 134k miles now, which may put some people off, lucky in a strange way for me, I have an invoice from honda for the first owner, showing it had a brand new engine fitted by honda at 17k so its really done about 117k

do you think £2000 is too much?

or should a sell my wheel, grill and exhaust and then sell the car.

just want to try get the best money i can

The invoice for the engine means nothing. It's the miles on the chassis that matter.

My engine's done 50k less than my car, but it doesn't add to it's value.

You don't say if it's petrol or diesel, which of coursw afgects price too.

its the diesel . 2.2 ,

front grill and the 18" wheel are rare , maybe worth a few hundred.

i was thinking £1800..

I don't suppose the garage is offering you anywhere near that in PX for the Yeti?

I'm always surprised how much people will pay for old 7th gen Accords, easily what you are suggesting as a value. However I doubt it'll fetch that much when privately sold... neither would I expect the wheels and grill to make much difference to the value. You may do better to sell the wheels and grill separately?

As someone who sold vehicles for 3 years, the money's probably there in the deal for the equivalent of a fair p/x price, but can't be written up as such, so you have to look at the cost to change, not focus on the p/x price.

They can make money off your car if they write it up as being worth a grand, but close the gap elsewhere in the deal.

They can't give you 2k for it because then they can't get a profit out of it.

And non standard extras put off most buyers.
Better off selling them as Jon says, and putting the stock parts back on it.

tbh, everything looks standard, i.e it doesnt look like a modded car, oem wheels and grill, and the exhaust just looks like the 2.4 petrol,

Jon_G said:
I don't suppose the garage is offering you anywhere near that in PX for the Yeti?

I'm always surprised how much people will pay for old 7th gen Accords, easily what you are suggesting as a value. However I doubt it'll fetch that much when privately sold... neither would I expect the wheels and grill to make much difference to the value. You may do better to sell the wheels and grill separately?
I could sell the grill as I have the original one, but the wheels would be an issue as I dont have anything to put back on it. unless I put them as swaps for standard.

I would get approx £400 for wheels as they all have good tyres in fact 1 was brand new 2 weeks ago for mot, and maybe £100 for the grill as i can not find another one even on sold prices, pretty rare on face lift.

then sell the car for £1200./