What's new

Rear window winder handle problem.

MyfirstVtech

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hey guys, right so my problem is this.
My drivers rear manual window has always been a little stiff going down the first half inch then fine after that but today my nieces bf who is a little larger than myself went to put the window down but just got a crunch noise and the window didn't move.
When I tried it the handle sort of begrudgingly turns maybe half a turn each way but the glass doesn't move and the handle won't go back to its window fully closed position.
Hopefully it's just the gears which knowing my luck is all part of one unit and a pig to change.
Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers.

Try "helping" the glass by lifting at the same time as winding.

If that doesn't work, the glass is attached to a metal frame along its lower edge, the frame is attached to the winding mechanism, sometimes the glass becomes detached and skews so you'll have to remove the door card.

Hey freddo. The window thankfully is stuck up and only comes down a bit and I'm able to wind it sort of back to closed.
It feels like the handle is grinding. Are the internals of the handle plastic and the window cog gear that the handle connects to metal?
I tried to get the handle off and followed a YouTube vid and some info on here that says push the door card back and you will see the circlip to pop off but I have a plastic ring inbetween the door card and handle so can't remove.

I don't know the 6th gen well enough, just going on my knowledge of other (French) marques in the same era ;)

Haha it's ok mate. I got the handle off once I got a hook on the circlip and it seems the damage is too the window mech it's self and not the internals of the handle or the spline it sits on.

IIRC there's a couple of threads somewhere on getting the circlip off, one with pics, can't find it though.

Hey freddo I have been trying to find a replacement window mech on eBay but they all seem to look like electric ones. Is there anything specific I should be looking for like a winder spline in the picture?