What's new

Speed limiter?

Goodluckmonkey

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
CN2
Does a 7th gen have a speed limiter?

Had an opportunity to max the car out in a safe environment a little while back, so did so out of curiosity.

Accelerated pretty well to 220kph, then just stopped accelerating, even the transition from level ground to a slight downhill wouldn't change it.

Have I just found the point where the boost tapers and the invrease in aerodynamic drag just suddenly stops it accelerating? Or is there something electronic limiting it? The progress was pretty reasonable for an old diesel till then.

(2.2 CDTI Touring, stage 2 map, lowered 40mm)

Goodluckmonkey said:

Had an opportunity to max the car out in a safe environment a little while back, so did so out of curiosity.

Accelerated pretty well to 220kph, then just stopped accelerating, even the transition from level ground to a slight downhill wouldn't change it.

Have I just found the point where the boost tapers and the invrease in aerodynamic drag just suddenly stops it accelerating? Or is there something electronic limiting it? The progress was pretty reasonable for an old diesel till then.

Hi there, yes, there is a limit. At the speed limit throttle is closing down.

Sent from my m2 note using Tapatalk

Not on my CM2, it used to reached 150 on the speedometer downhill in 5th (in Germany of course, just as your pic is). I even managed to get into 6th and reached 160 on one occasion. Not done anything like that in over 5 years now.

There is no speed limiter in the map, I recall hitting over 142 in mine

Goodluckmonkey said:

Check major earthing points first, then inspect for a chafed cable in the loom, or insecure connector block on the flux capacitor.

To be fair, it wasn't at WOT for that long. Stomped up to the indicated 137 relatively quickly, then just hung there for about a mile with no variation, so just ***umed that was all it had.

To be honest, I was surprised it even went beyond 125 to be honest. Doesn't usually see anything north of 85/90mph.

It'll probably never happen again either. Very rare for me to be on the Autobahn at 4am when there are no Germans around.

F6HAD said:
There is no speed limiter in the map, I recall hitting over 142 in mine
Good to know. Mine is a hearse though, must make a difference.

He stopped because it was scared :)
Mine hits 220 witouth remap.
From 190 and up it takes years to reach top speed but still.
The mods i made are:
Pippercross air filter
DECAT pipe/ PRECAT delete
EGR delete

Edit:
And a mix of Shell Advance Racing M30 ( 250ml ) + 2EHN ( 50 ml ) per tank

Jan Accord said:
He stopped because it was scared :)
Obviously not too scared to use his phone at the same time. I usually get a letter from the old bill to prove what speed my bikes or cars could do. :eek:

Ned said:
Obviously not too scared to use his phone at the same time. I usually get a letter from the old bill to prove what speed my bikes or cars could do. :eek:
I was thinking on the car. Not the driver ;-)

I knew what you meant ;)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk