What's new

High Beam and Parking Brake Dash Lights

Monzta

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Aerodeck
The high high beam dash light doesn't come on when I put my high beams on. It's the lamp right beside the parking brake lamp, on the speedo and above the odometer.

I've removed the instrument cluster and all the other warning lamps have a dedicated bulb accessible from the back except the high beam and parking brake lights. How do you access these bulbs to swap them out? I've removed both the back and front covers of the unit but still can't get to them and i'm reluctant to delve further in case I damage the PCB or speedo.

I've had a look in the 6th gen ESM and it looks like you're stuffed.

Search using "high beam indicator" (without quotes, set to ALL words in the search).

Does it look like the bulbs for the high beams and the parking brake are soldered onto the PCB? Another pain in the neck design, my old '89 Accord is so much easier to own. :(

I've searched using high beam indicator but all I'm getting is this current discussion. I can't seem to set it to ALL words in the search.

It seems it is fixable after all. Carefully remove the PCB and the two bulbs in question are now accessible. :)

20170630_135152.jpg

20170630_135213.jpg

Monzta said:
I've searched using high beam indicator but all I'm getting is this current discussion. I can't seem to set it to ALL words in the search.
LOL ...no, search in the ESM, there's a drop-down in the search in the ESM where you select ALL words. In the schematics in the ESM there are access plugs from the back of the gauge module to bulbs .....except for the high beam indicator and the parking brake indicator. That confirms what you already found out, so it's a cråp Honda design.

Your photos do show something that should be in the ESM ;)

Ah, right. I still don't have the ESM, my old Windows XP laptop is dead. :(

I now need to track down replacement bulbs for the main beam and parking brake lights. They look very like the other capless 286 bulbs in the dash but instead have long, fine terminal wires that need to be threaded through the bulb holder. Why one earth they didn't just fit standard 286 bulbs like the rest of the cluster I do not know. :blink: