What's new

bluetooth pairing HTC phones

adibadi

Members
Reaction score
Car
2009 2.4i Tourer
Hi all

I just ran into a problem with pairing an HTC 10 with the Honda HFT on a 2009 Accord. I saw in another discussion that other people had the same problem, so for some better visibility, I will create a new topic because the original one was related to another issue.

Basically the problem is that when the car starts searching for a phone, it doesn't initiate the pairing process automatically on the phone. Instead, you have to tap on the Honda HFT device on the phone, at which point the phone asks for a pin code, but the car immediately exists the pairing process. I think it crashes and you have to start all over again.

I've managed to successfully pair the phone using 0000 as the pin code. I still had to tap on the Honda HFT device on the phone, but it didn't ask for a pin, and the pairing on the car didn't crash. I'm guessing this specific bluetooth module has issues communicating with some phones, including the HTC 10 and the HTC One A9 from the other thread.

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks for posting this!! I was having real trouble with this exact issue and using your solution resolved it straight away. Thanks!