What's new

Tax Due

Channel Hopper

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 7 Estate 2005
B ugger, even after the recent posts on diesel and emissions I just realised I've had her for a year and the tax is due on Monday, what it the current duty on the 2.2 ctdi ?

edgeoftime said:
No reminder from the dvla?? are you the registered owner????
I have been, though I haven't seen a paper V5C, payment for the excise last year was online so they do have my email address.

Maybe they don't like me.......

Sonoflal2 said:
£190 for 12 months.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
Thanks.

Another question then (since I don't have one of those cheating German models) . If I had a car that showed nice low emission detail at the point of the latest MOT, what stops me from claiming a lower excise duty than the one stipulated by the DVLA ?

Channel Hopper said:
Thanks.

Another question then (since I don't have one of those cheating German models) . If I had a car that showed nice low emission detail at the point of the latest MOT, what stops me from claiming a lower excise duty than the one stipulated by the DVLA ?
Sit tight they will be in touch, re getting the price down NO CHANCE, even if you block off two of the cylinders. LOL

190 is cheap compared to what we pay here, €390, if registered before July 2008, its €950 for a 2.2 accord.

You can thank the Green Party for that stupid tax change.
Its pretty much impossible to tax any performance petrol car after 2008 with the system we have currently, soon it will be all changed again as they will start to raise tax on the previously cheap diesels that had €180pa tax.
Some of the Mk8 Tourers are € 570 even on the Co2 system.

Channel Hopper said:
I have been, though I haven't seen a paper V5C, payment for the excise last year was online so they do have my email address.

Maybe they don't like me.......
Following on from that

I just tried to tax her again and because they have not processed the old V5C that both seller and myself completed and sent off - I only have the New keepers detail - I'm still not treated as the existing owner, so if I tax her this evening I receive twelve (or even five) months starting from July 1, losing a month in the process.

So it looks like I'll be up until after midnight to do the deed, with the chance somebody from the clamping bunch turning up to put a lock on the wheel on a whim.

Utter scum.

Done, or at least I have the confirmation / Application reference.

Not showing as taxed on their 'check vehicle ' section

Scum

Just checked the DVLA site again and the car is STILL flagged up as untaxed. Do clamping companies have a different vehicle check to the one available to the great unwashed ?

I'm not really concerned with being stopped (I have the image of the payment and reference on the phone), the clampers can only do something when she is parked up, not in direct view outside the house.

that's why you keep the printout in the car , just like you do with a pre-pay parking ticket

Channel Hopper said:
Just checked the DVLA site again and the car is STILL flagged up as untaxed. Do clamping companies have a different vehicle check to the one available to the great unwashed ?
Don't know about clamping companies but the Dartford toll tunnel company took a month to update my change of car.

freddofrog said:
that's why you keep the printout in the car , just like you do with a pre-pay parking ticket
Ah, misunderstood. You mean in full view on the dashboard where the nice clamping man with an IQ approaching double figures will fully understand a 16 digit confirmation code trumps his commission.

you could always print your own

ruppert-tax-2.jpg