What's new

Sat nav problems linked to air-conditioning?

wsw

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer
Just had a replacement a/c condenser fitted. On the way home I started getting a sat nav disc read error. This has never happened before. Is this just coincidence, or does the dvd player maybe not like being colder than it's used to? It's a genuine dvd which I've been using for a few months. I've not tried cleaning the disc or the laser lens yet.

From my experience the DVD read errors were always when the car was cold so I would say it's a distinct possibility.

Good guide on here about cleaning the laser lens and well worth it.

Drive down to Spain and see if its heat related! 40 deg should soon see if it is. :)

I have a copied DVD in mine but it works more in the summer than it does the winter so I think the cold does affect it! I tried cleaning the laser but it didn't help that much TBH.

Thanks for the suggestions and a quick update on this.

I did consider driving down to Spain to see if the heat cured the problem, but instead, due to lack of time and money, I tried cleaning the DVD, squirting some canned air into the DVD player and using a knife and wipe to see if I could clean the laser lens. I didn't see much, if any, dirt on the wipe, but the problem hasn't recurred, so one, or some, or all, or none, of these things seems to have sorted the issue.