What's new

Water leaking into the trunk

IBET

Reaction score
Car
CN1 2.2 i-CDTi
Hi members

Water is leaking into the trunk of my CN1 (7th generation saloon facelift). Water enters the trunk through the rear air outlet and collects just beneath. After a drive water finally ends up in the spare tyre well. It's such a huge amount of water that I can't believe that only the rear air vent is to keep water out. I believe water runs along the body work from the rear taillight to the rear air vent. Before removing the rear bumper to check my theory did anyone experience the same issue?

Cheers Ismael

Hi mate and welcome,
I have a 2006 2.4 saloon...I had a similar problem quite recently...was repairing my rear parking sensors and when removing the boot trim I noticed a pool of water in the right side boot floor...after much experimentation with a hose I found the problem, if I pulled up the rubber seal that seals the boot lid I found a slight parting of the two sheets of bodywork steel that joins underneath the rubber seal..what was happening (especially when I was washing the car with the hose) was that the water pressure was forcing water underneath the seal and it was running down between the gap between these two bit of metal...although they are spot welded together in the factory and sealed, it appears that the seal had failed over time leading to a gap...the water was then running down into the boot...I got some metal filler and the problem was solved...hope this helps

Grea keep us posted
Talcum powder once dry can useful to trace leak routes

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. I did not find any water leaking through cracks in the body work. I'll let you know when I find a solution.