What's new

Premier Tuning - Satisfied Customer!

mbaccord

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi Fahad & team,

This is a feedback for one of the recent service I had from Premier Tuning.

I've been reading this forum for the past 5+ years basically ever since I've owned my 2005 Accord 2.2 and one of the name that always came up a lot was Fahad's.

I've been having problems with my Accord for the past few months. I've been having to drive the car in lower gears e.g if I'm doing 50-60 MPH I had to put it into 3rd gear or so in order to keep it st them speeds or else it will start slowing down and at times it would just get stuck there or the car speed automatically will start dropping gradually. It was very weird and annoying as any driver can imagine. I took it to couple of local garages and even RAC mechanics couldn't figure out what was wrong; or even one of the RAC approved garages couldn't figure anything out , never mind actually diagnosing anything!!!

Anyways, so I finally decided to get in touch with Fahad via this forum and see what could be done. Because this was my last chance otherwise I was going to sell the car because it was becoming dangerous to drive the car as I've had to keep it on 2000RPM before I could let go off the clutch or when struggling for speed on the motorways.

Fahad ran all his diagnostics etc and found out it was the EGR which was the main culprit and I'm sure you guys have all read about the EGR problems on these models. So Fahad did what he does best and in the end blanked the EGR off; did whatever he had to do and next thing u know, car was purring away like it never purred before.

Although after the initial blanking off EGR, a lot of black smoke came out which was explained by Fahad anyway and when I took it on the motorway next day; after 50 miles or so smoke was gone and now it's normal as you would expect on any diesel car.

I would highly recommend Premier Tuning (Fahad & team), and advise anyone with issues on these models before selling up, please consult these guys at least once.

Though he next day engine management light came on, I rang up Fahad straight away, he was very helpful as he could be from the other side of the phone and advised me to get the DTC reading and let him know which I did and it was a code P2004. I have cleared the code as Fahad advised me to and EML light has gone. After reading about the code including on this forum the solution that's mentioned seeems to be what Fahad has already done to my car so I'm hoping light only came because engine area was played around with so it was indication and now it doesn't come back.

Anyways I'm really happy with the overall service and would definitely highly recommend these guys. I've already told a lot of my mates and couple of them will be getting in touch with these guys soon to have their cars checked etc.

I hope my car stays like this for a while as I reslly don't wanna sell it yet.

Thanks for reading all!!!

Fahad - massive thank you to you. Keep up the good work!!

Mohammed - thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. I love helping customers and restoring faith in their cars