won 16.4k on Euro lottery :)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,326 posts
  • Name:.Freddo
  • Car :TBD
  • LocationOff abroad

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

(that's my car in the pictures above, but it's a diesel).

yep I managed to get them out of your thread and into an Imgur account that I've started, I was going to say so but I forgot

• Jon_G likes this

#42 strockus

strockus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Name:Ailandas
  • Car :2.4l Executive
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

Thanks guys. As I said I'll get the tensioner changed first and I'll ask the mechanic to let me know how bad the chain is. If it needs changing then I'll do the necessary. I'll let you know if the rattle goes away after the tensioner is replaced so if anyone stumble across this thread can see.

#43 strockus

strockus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

Just an update, I will be getting the whole chain replaced with the tensioner as well as the VTC actuator and the tensioner on the 20th this month. Will post an update to let you guys know if it solved the issue.

• ScoobyDoo likes this

#44 strockus

strockus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

So finally got my car back on Monday and it seems like the rattle is completely gone. The mechanic said that the chain was in a bad shape and might have been what caused the rattle. Had the whole chain with the guides changed, the vtc actuator and the vvt valve as it broke off so could have been any of those things I guess. Hopefully this helps someone in some way!

• Jon_G likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VTC, actuator, fault, rattle, loud