What's new

iCTDI loosing power

accordSLOVAKIA

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord
Hi let me introduce myself. I am from Slovakia and I found your pages here. I have 2004 Accord Tourer iCTDI and I have problem with engine. When engine get hot it looses power. I hear no turbo and consumption of my car is about 8l/100km. Consumption is same when i go 80km/h or 130 km/h. Sometimes engine light switch and there is P2004 fault code. Can somebody help me?

Yes egr not closing properly and inlet manifold blocked. We solve these regularly.

No I would remove your intake manifold and throughly clean it out and then blank the egr and remap it to switch it off permanently. I can provide a remote tuning service if you drop me a line for details. Try temporarily blanking it first to see if it feels better.

Hi so today I have cleaned intake manifold and blocked EGR by giving some piece between outtake from head to EGR. Car is in limp mode and unknown fault code 5002 is written. When I erase it car is working for a moment but have no power. I hear no turbo only little about 3000 rpm.

Yes you can't just blank an egr without remapping it. Before it goes into limp, is the power better at the lower end or not?

No, power is loosing. Before, turbo started working about 1600 rpm. Now to 2500-2800 is dead and then about 3000 rpm little boost.

So even with the plate removed, the car is worse than before after you cleaned the intake? You've obviously done something wrong. Check you haven't damaged the intake flap and actuator and also check the turbo solenoid at the rear of the block isn't broken and all vaccum pipes correctly attached.

I really dont know. Intake flap and actuator is ok and works. All pipes are ok. I have made "bypas" of turbo solenoid so VGT on turbo is now directly. Car has great power but when I came back from ride and car was on idle went again to limp mode. How can I check turbo if it works ok? What pressure should boost?

And whats the error code you are getting? How are you testing the intake runner control?

Code was P 1401. So I think you were right because all these problems are about EGR. Engine switch was on I took car on higway. It has very little boost. Then engine switch went off but car looses all of the power and the swirl is always full closed. Now I am looking for someone to make EGR off by remaping but everyone is on holiday right now.

P1401 will have come up due to your blanking plate.

Just make sure if you're going to use a local tuner, ensure they've worked on these engine management systems before and are not just going to kill DTC codes. The egr map needs to be correctly closed.

So I was at tuning garage in capital city. It takes a few minutes maybe one hour. EGR is definitely off. Engine switch is off too. Car has power from lower RPM and everything is ok. I run over 300km. Tomorow I go on trip about 1000km so I pray that nothing is gona change. Thank you for your advices Fahad.

No problem, glad its fixed :)

Hi Fahad,I am back with another problem. I was driving maybe one and half month but there is problem with swirl. After about 2000 km after remaping and EGR off, engine switch went on. A few km later it wents off. And that is in one circle now one day on one day off, sometimes it is going on a threetimes per day. There is problem P2004 it means swirl position. My opinion is that vacum solenoid is bad but i want ask you if it can be caused by remaping?

Without seeing what your tuner has done i couldn't say. P2004 in itself does mean the flap is sticking, probably because it's clogged up and the actuator is failing or not strong enough to open/close the flap.

If the tuner has messed with the swirl maps without understanding which mapping areas he's playing with (they are closely related to the EGR maps), then there is a possibility the ECU is requesting something it shouldn't be.

Take it back and let him check it.