What's new

2012 Tourer S type

chgoyri

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2.2
Hi,

My name is Christophe and I´m a new 2012 Accord Tourer S type owner. My car is still in cosmetic preparation and only next week I will get my hands on it. This pick was not easy because after 20 years riding a BMW switching to Honda toke some time to digest but I´m happy with my move. The main reason for this was the fact that my first soon was born and my bimmer cabriolet was not very baby friendly. I did look to BMW wagons but they are so common in Portugal that I wanted something different. In fact, BMW should switch is name to Volks Motor Werke because it´s really peoples cars nowadays.

Switching to what is important now I do have a few question to the team:

• Is this Tourer a nice move? She is 40k milles on the clock with all Honda stamps/revisions.
  • Is there a place to search for Honda part number? Exploded views and so on.
  • My tourer is the executive model but didn´t came with GPS. Is it possible to install it? The same with the rear camera?
  • Is it possible to switch the front headlamps to get rid of that orange turn signal color? I´ve seen several without that. Is there a part number to search for? I would like to keep the xenon light although.
  • Does anyone knows what are the 17” rims ET? I plan to switch to a better looking 18” but I need first to find this value.

These are my first thoughts and for sure more will came.

Looking forward for your comments.

Regards
Christophe

Welcome. Are you sure you've bought a Type S? They should have clear indicators anyway and if it's a 2012 facelift car then the whole range has clear lens. Also I don't think I've ever seen a Type S without nav.. check your door B pillar sticker to ensure it's actually a Type S 180

I had that doubt originally but then i saw the registration ***le and it says 132kw.
my vin is JHMCW3780BC201966 type CW3. My Engine number is N22B2-2100205

chgoyri said:
I had that doubt originally but then i saw the registration ***le and it says 132kw.
my vin is JHMCW3780BC201966 type CW3. My Engine number is N22B2-2100205
If you want to enter the VIN into the link in #2 you'll need to change the "B" to an "A" btw, because that site only goes to 2010 ("A"=2010)
Also, you can put 1111 (or anything random) for the last 4 digits
so e.g use JHMCW3780AC201111

But do note that for some parts there may be differences between 2010 and 2011/12

Orange lenses is not a type S and all EX models come with sat nav and rear camera.
Also dident the face lift come out in 2012 if so these all have clear lenses.

With a "C" and a "B" in the VIN, the car was built in Sayama in 2011, and also, with it being LHD, it might have different specs to UK.

Brian mine also had BC in the vin so was made in Japan.
I can't believe Honda would make an EX without nav and rear camera but I could be wrong.

Yeah all 7th and 8th gens were made in Sayama, I mentioned it for completeness, but my point is that the OP's car was built there in 2011, not 2012. The year that a car is registered in a country is not always same as the year it was built in the factory.

Plus, different regions have different build specs, and there are often multiple specs for the same model/trim level even in a given region.

The OP's car is probably one of several variants for the KF region.

Maybe the spec if for a country nearby that requires orange turn signals, not sure if any do, possibly France ?

Can you get some photos up or a link to where you brought it.

Those are sidelights aka side marker lights, are you sure they flash when you press the hazard warning switch ?

It's possible that a previous owner had the car in USA/Canada (where they have to be amber) , although that would be strange because the car would have been built in Marysville, not Sayama. Maybe the car was a special import to USA/Canada, or it was taken there and adapted, or maybe it's always been in an EU country and a previous owner just modded it.

edit: btw my "security" software wouldn't let me open those pics, so I used an old Linux laptop to look at them.

Hi Freddo,

Only next week i will have the car on my hands but all the gen 8th accords sold in portugal have this configuration. My car has 1 owner from new and was bought here to Honda.
I did a quick search on mobile.de for accord and most of them are like this. I also did some search on the diagrams page you suggested but i coulndn´t find a part number for clear turn signs. I only came accross with [SIZE=11pt]33101TL0E13 and 33100TL0E01 and both have orange lights.[/SIZE]

One thing i noticed is that some headlights go up to the front grill (like mine) and some finish before the grill with a gap of 2-3cm of plastic. Is this related with the facelift?

[SIZE=11pt]PS: Is there a way to upload the photos to here? I only found the link option.[/SIZE]

Forget all that stuff, if all you want to know is whether yours is a facelift or not then send me a clear picture of your engine bay and DPF from top down view.

chgoyri said:
Hi Freddo,

Only next week i will have the car on my hands but all the gen 8th accords sold in portugal have this configuration. My car has 1 owner from new and was bought here to Honda.
I did a quick search on mobile.de for accord and most of them are like this. I also did some search on the diagrams page you suggested but i coulndn´t find a part number for clear turn signs. I only came accross with [SIZE=11pt]33101TL0E13 and 33100TL0E01 and both have orange lights.[/SIZE]

One thing i noticed is that some headlights go up to the front grill (like mine) and some finish before the grill with a gap of 2-3cm of plastic. Is this related with the facelift?

[SIZE=11pt]PS: Is there a way to upload the photos to here? I only found the link option.[/SIZE]
Right, on the 7th gen they are sidelights (aka side marker lights) and the "glass" is clear, but on the 8th gen they are indeed "turn" lights.

I've no idea why some 8th gens have amber "glass" and others have clear "glass", but either way the "turn" signal itself must be amber, either using amber "glass", or an amber light with clear "glass". If you want clear "glass" (with amber light) , maybe ask a dealer in Portugal for the part number ?

There isn't an upload facility on this forum, but you can "embed" images if the image is on an image-hosting website and the URL of the image ends in .jpg or .png

Two examples of 8th gen images on the net

continental spec
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/2008-2011_Honda_Accord_Euro_sedan_%282011-06-15%29_01.jpg

Uk spec
https://images.honestjohn.co.uk/imagecache/file/fit/730x700/media/3371926/Honda~Accord~(10).jpg

continental spec embedded

2008-2011_Honda_Accord_Euro_sedan_%282011-06-15%29_01.jpg

uk spec embedded
Honda~Accord~(10).jpg

The facelift car has a newer Bosch engine management system and there are some visual cues on the DPF that will allow me to easily tell you if it's a facelift or not.

^ yep the OP really needs to be sure whether the car is 8th gen pre-facelift, or 8th gen facelift

The Lings website only goes up to 2010 Accord, which will be 8th gen pre-facelift.

Anyway, there are 2 pages for KE headlights
HID --> http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection?block_01=17TL4A01&block_02=B__0801&block_03=1154&block_05=hcr
non HID --> http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection?block_01=17TL4A01&block_02=B__0800&block_03=1155&block_05=hcr

And all the KG headlight pages are HID --> http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection?block_01=17TL4A01&block_02=B__0801&block_03=1209&block_05=hcr

Taking the right-hand-side HID's as comparison
KE = 33101TL0E13
KG = 33101TL0G13

Having searched for Honda parts on ebay many times before , it's usually best to drop the last 2 digits

33101TL0E
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322570774212
s-l1600.jpg

33101TL0G
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142075567738
s-l400.jpg

I'm not saying those are the correct part numbers, or even a definitive way to find the correct part numbers, but it does show that there are subtle ways in which the Honda part numbers work. Bad news though is that ebay sellers often use the number which is on the part, and that is not always the same as the Honda part number in Lings.

Brian the 2 images are both pre facelift by the grills.
Can't 100% tell but the bottom image looks like a type S
Hence the clear lights and body kit

Hi,

Did any of you ever made the conversion from non-navi to navi in this model?
If possible how complex is it? its a DIY or a specialized shop is needed?

Thanks for your advise

chgoyri said:
Hi,

Did any of you ever made the conversion from non-navi to navi in this model?
If possible how complex is it? its a DIY or a specialized shop is needed?

Thanks for your advise
I'm more sure in this area on the 7th gen rather than 8th gen.

Going by what I know of the 7th gen, the main thing to make sure is that you get a diesel one for a diesel, and a petrol one for a petrol. The reason for that in 7th gen is that the aircon system in the diesel is very different from the petrol, and I do know that the difference is same in 8th gen. Other than that, it should be possible, but unlikely that 7th gen parts will work in 8th gen.

Thank you Freddo!
I did saw on tsx forum´s and youtube alot stuff about the 7gen but there is not much about the 8gen.

On wednesday, i´m going to see one damaged with navi system. Let´s see what i can collect..