What's new

driveshaft number of splines

moonbase

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 accord 2.4
Hi everyone i have a 2005 accord 2.4 ex automatic. i need to change the driveshafts and have been informed that there are a different number of splines on this year. I tried honda main dealer for the part numbers but they won,t give out part numbers. is there any way of finding out which ones are fitted to the car apart from stripping down the front driveshafts to count the splines. any help would be apprciated. regards terry. p.s. not even thinking about buying them from honda even **** turpin wore a mask ( highway robbery )

I can't directly answer your question about the number of splines, but I can suggest that you use the (Honda main dealer) Lings Honda Parts website to find/compare part numbers.

Ideally you'd enter your registration number to get the schematics for your specific car, however without that detail I was still able to select your model from the drop-down lists to find a schematic that shows Lings part numbers (NOT Honda part numbers though). However, if you delete the characters '_pfk' from the schematic URL then all the Lings part numbers magically become Honda part numbers... http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=B__2100&block_03=2952&block_05=hcr

But do try it using your registration number, just to be sure.

thanks jon for the link i will have a look and see what i can find. regards terry