What's new

Wiring in AUX input

Yoshimitsu666

Members
Reaction score
Car
05 Accord cdti
Hey there, bought an 05 cdti Accord Sport this week and I'm trying to get a 3.5mm aux input installed.

I ordered an adapter from amazon that plugs into the cd changer port on the factory headunit. I got it all together and if i connected the plug while the engine was in the ON position or the radio was on, it would work perfectly.
The problem is if i turn the radio off, or cycle the Ignition, itll change to the standard cd input and wont recognise the cd changer input any more until i unplug and plug it in again
Is the cd changer coded or something? Its bound to be a silly issue im not seeing.

Cheers!

Which device you bought? I install 3 devices on 3 different Honda's and they all work. Usb and aux

I got this one
075d5806e0990fd2df8cd0eb5d037379.jpg

Must be a faulty device then.
I plugged mines when the car is off, I have one currently on my Accord cdti sports.
I press CD/Aux to change from usb/aux to cd.
If I leave it on usb, switch the car or radio off, the music continues to play from where i left off.

DrSam said:
Must be a faulty device then.
I plugged mines when the car is off, I have one currently on my Accord cdti sports.
I press CD/Aux to change from usb/aux to cd.
If I leave it on usb, switch the car or radio off, the music continues to play from where i left off.
Mine too

Yoshimitsu666 said:
Just a thought here, for the unit to work properly, does both the usb and 3.5mm need to be connected?
My 3.5 is hardly ever connected however in order for me to take advantage of the 3.5 I have to remove any connected USB device. I always have CDs inserted though, wanna try that?

Hi there,

I am also attempting to wire in an aux input. I dismantled the console as shown in many Youtube videos, but my model has satnav DVD ROM and a 6 CD changer. So there was no downward facing plug. So I went on to remove the radio and found a backward facing plug on the rear of the radio with nothing plugged into it. I have tried using that plug which is the same as provided with the aux kit, but there is no sign of being able to switch to aux using the CD/Aux button. I have tried it with my phone plugged in and playing music, but nothing happening.

The kit also provides a Y-splitter and I was expecting to find a white plug from the CD changer into the radio block which I would use the splitter to interrupt, but there is none visible. It looks like the connection between CD changer and radio is hidden. I am a bit stumped. Any suggestions gratefully received!

PS I can't seem to add pictures to this post - it doesn't like jpg or png?

PaganPen said:
Hi there,

I am also attempting to wire in an aux input. I dismantled the console as shown in many Youtube videos, but my model has satnav DVD ROM and a 6 CD changer. So there was no downward facing plug. So I went on to remove the radio and found a backward facing plug on the rear of the radio with nothing plugged into it. I have tried using that plug which is the same as provided with the aux kit, but there is no sign of being able to switch to aux using the CD/Aux button. I have tried it with my phone plugged in and playing music, but nothing happening.

The kit also provides a Y-splitter and I was expecting to find a white plug from the CD changer into the radio block which I would use the splitter to interrupt, but there is none visible. It looks like the connection between CD changer and radio is hidden. I am a bit stumped. Any suggestions gratefully received!

PS I can't seem to add pictures to this post - it doesn't like jpg or png?
Pictures would help

I own an Ex model with the sat nav and CD changer and recently installed a bluetooth interface. (Connects2)

Hello

I would like to install just normal AUX without usb Bluetooth etc, I have normal radio without navi, can you recommend with plug I need ?

Kamil198777 said:
Hello

I would like to install just normal AUX without usb Bluetooth etc, I have normal radio without navi, can you recommend with plug I need ?
I have the one pictured in this thread and it works fine. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323715004041

I know you said you didn't need USB and the non USB ones are £5 cheaper but I can't promote those because I don't have personal experience. They should work though.

Kamil198777 said:
Unfortunately I don't think so. Our head units have a 6+8pin interface, similar to the one on Dr Sam picture. I have a similar one and it has been working fine for the past 2 months. The only issue I found was that the outputted volume is a little bit low, as in ~10 volume on normal radio/cd player is equal ~5 on the interface.

PS: the unit I bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-AUX-Input-MP3-CD-Interface-Adapter-Changer-USB-Cable-Reader-for-Honda-Accord/282580600311?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649