What's new

Non o/e Honda drive shafts

johncbx

Members
Reaction score
Car
tourer 2.0 petrol ex
Hi has anyone any recommendations or definite ones to avoid for drivers side on 53 plate 2.0 petrol tourer manual box? regards john.

Personally I would buy a used OEM one from eBay or a breaker all day long rather than a 'new'/reconditioned aftermarket one.

I've done both - the used one is fine going strong but the aftermarket one on my last car caused huge problems - the boot went after 2 years and the shaft itself wouldn't come out the gearbox.

Used Shaftec before, not had any problems. Had to replace my old Avensis driveshaft a few years ago. First off tried the dealer who wanted more than the car was worth, then went to an outlet in East London who supplied unbranded drive shafts (found off ebay) and ***ured me of no issues, after a few days that shaft started to squeal, clock etc so I returned it for my money back. Then a local factors found me a Shaftec driveshaft, never looked back.

Thanks for the replies guys , had to get back on the road went for aftermarket shaft with 2 years guarantee.

What brand did you use?
I suspect I need an inner tripod joint for my 2.2 Tourer, unsure whether to go genuine Honda for the inner joint or buy a aftermarket shaft complete.
Vibes at 60-75 mph

Hi sorry for the delay in replying had to call in the garage which fitted drive shaft today for something else, the shaft they fitted is by Shaftec.