What's new

PGM-FI

Petercarman

Members
Reaction score
Car
idtec tourer manual
Hi, just finished changing the near side dipped beam lamp in my iDTEC Tourer. What a very awkward job this is considering it is something that crops up with every car from time to time.

I started by peeling back the plastic under the wing, but soon found out there was no room for my hand.

I then turned my attention to removing the battery and the bracket holding the glowplug relay, and although I now had access I could not remove the very tight circular bulb cover on the back of the lamp unit .

Finally I removed the front bumper ***embly and then the lamp unit, and completed the task.

With everthing back together and radio code entered everyting seemed OK but the test drive had " PGM-FI" in the display although the car seemed to run normally

Torque app. showed no fault codes stored, but the display continues to show "PGM-FI" after several engine starts.

Can one of our more enlightened members help?

Cheers, Pete.

Pete bring it over to me at the weekend and I'll clear it off for you. It's a glow plug error most likely

Normal obd reader is unlikely to pick up this actually. It doesn't trigger an engine management light. Definitely agree that it's worth investing in one in any case

Hi Fahad,
thanks for your comment about "glow plug error"

I disconnected the battery first and then refitted the plug on the glowplug relay. On reconnecting the battery all was well.

Cheers, Pete.

Hi Jon,
I have a cheap code reader (Maxiscan MS309) but as I said in my first post I had checked for error codes with "torque app." and android phone, which is more comprehensive than the maxiscan.

As Fahad says PGM-FI does not show up as a fault code.

Pete.

No probs Pete. Hope she's still running well.

TourerFan said:
Hi Jon,
I have a cheap code reader (Maxiscan MS309) but as I said in my first post I had checked for error codes with "torque app." and android phone, which is more comprehensive than the maxiscan...
Missed that bit Pete!