What's new

Oil advice

jimlington

Members
Reaction score
Car
2010 EX Diesel Auto
Personally I would be wary of seeing a 'quality' 0W30 with supposedly ALL those specifications for such a cheap price!

In oil terms you get exactly what you pay for !!

Just because it has a brand name on it does not mean its any good. Lot of mis-leading info out there about oils. Just sayin..........

Tesco were doing engine oil half price recently, bargains to be had.

I have been using Triple QX 0w/30 from Eurocarparts for the last couple of years without any problems and has a much better spec than the Petronas stuff they sell although their standard price for for oil is way overpriced but they are always doing discount codes etc.

Use Westway oil in my 07 tourer, happy with the oil, got no idea what the previous owners had used, or whoever serviced what oil or even if the correct spec was used, personnel choice at the end of the day.

Castro edge ***anium made for honda with C2 code 0w-30, you will notice the difference.

DJSR said:
Castro edge ***anium made for honda with C2 code 0w-30, you will notice the difference.
What difference have you noticed ?

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

honda_saj said:
What difference have you noticed ?

The car doest drink the oil at all, like it did with non-honda 0w30 ***anium castrol edge, engine sounds better and drives smoother!

DJSR said:
The car doest drink the oil at all, like it did with non-honda 0w30 ***anium castrol edge, engine sounds better and drives smoother!
Interesting so you don't have to top up any more ?

honda_saj said:
Interesting so you don't have to top up any more ?

Since my last service I've done nearly 5,000 miles and its gone down a tiny bit, about a mm below max level.

DJSR said:
Since my last service I've done nearly 5,000 miles and its gone down a tiny bit, about a mm below max level.
Great will try that in next oil change

Hi guys.
Anyone know how much engine oil I need for 2.4 automatic? Plus how much transmission fluid as well? Thanks[emoji6]

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-G950F eszközömről

Sorry for using this topic, but I also need an advice on which oil for my Honda accord 2004 2.2 CTDi, it's almost 190.000miles. Since I got the car in 2009 I have been using Shell Engine Oil 0w30 (Helix Ultra ECT (C2/C3) and never had to top up much until last year, where I top up 1 litre 2 months and its below min again, so now I want to replace the whole thing (not sure if its connected but for the last few months I have been losing power steering fluid, now fixed). I heard that I should now use 5w30. If that's right, which one should I use:
LIQUI MOLY Engine Oil 5w30 Longtime High Tech: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/lnk-2411591
or
CASTROL Engine Oil 5w30 C3 https://www.autodoc.co.uk/lnk-1311371
or
CASTROL Engine Oil 5w30 LL (link)
Or maybe I should stick with 0w30? Any suggestions? Thanks

Stick to 0w30 synthetic (brand isn't important really, but viscosity and ratings are) and investigate if you have a leak somewhere. It's not linked to power steering fluid in any way no.

eBay has some great deals on oil, search for 0w30 20L for a larger quantity, works out much cheaper.