What's new

Satnav dvd

hikeifulike

Members
Reaction score
Car
04 Honda Accord 2.4
I'm forever getting lost....
Does anyone know where I can get a second hand newer version of the satnav dvd, mine is in its own world literally stuck in a time where there was no roads before I arrived. Lol
Thanking you in advance.

they stopped updating the PFL DVD in 2012 and you will see on this forum that a copy DVD will cause the laser in the DVD reader to burn out

Cheers for that, although, I'm sure a 2012, would be better than my 2004. I'll just have to find one of them. Thanks for the advice on the copy, I was gonna try and download a copy.

Would it not just be more economical to buy a tomtom? most come with lifetime maps now. Why mess about with the old Honda out of date slow nav system?

I do have Google Maps and Wase on my phone, but would like to use the one on the car, or upgrade it to Android Auto.

You're gonna struggle to find something to upgrade the OE system. Consider the climate control system etc. There are some chinese manufacturers of some kits but I don't believe they are much good and mainly built for the LHD market (driver passenger temps swapped). There is a US manufacturer (PAC I think) that makes a complete fascia trim for a few hundred quid which is LHD/RHD adaptable and seems like a good kit but by the time you swap that out and fit a decent DD system with NAV in your touching £700+ I would think. I have searched high and low for numerous options.

Thanks for the information ScoobyDoo. Yes, I'm beginning to think it's a non starter.

If it helps I fitted a DD unit in the bottom of the console with a Honda OE DD kit (bit expensive but better colour match), it still requires some modification to look good but does look good in the end. Mine is not nav as I use dumdum for nav but I wanted an all in one BT & DAB with a nice big easy to read screen.

Ur gonna have to forgive me, but I didn't understand any of what you just said, lol, pls explain, just call me ignorant.

No worries, basically I installed a double din unit on the lower section of the console so was trying to say you could fit something down there like say a double din nav unit, still more cost than a standalone tomtom type thing but another option to get everything in one place.

Thanks everyone.
John, if I cant get a genuine Honda disk second hand, then I wont get one, I dont trust these cheap ones, there are horror stories of guys disk drives lasers packing up, so I'll pass. thanks all the same.
I have come across something else though, two offline apps Navigator and Sygic for navigation, and will be trying them soon on my Sony Experia, in the meantime I use Waze, which is brilliant.
I would have preferred Android Auto on the car, but it seems its not meant to be,
I am also thinking of selling my baby and driving my wife's accord, its a 2009 and in brilliant condition, and get her a newer model.