What's new

Heated seat switch

f2raf

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I have changed the bulb today in the switch for the drivers heated seat. However as previously when on low the light comes on but when on high the light does not come on. The bulb was changed by removing the blue centre plastic circle. I tried removing the brown ones on either side but the don't pop out and I'm wondering if the brown for the high setting needs changing, but not sure what's behind the brown? A bulb or a resistor. Or does my problem lie elsewhere?

Aren't the blue and brown two different sizes of bulb? One slightly brighter than the other? Or are they different colours? Can't quite remember.

One is for the 'heater on' and the other to illuminate the switch for sidelights. I've a feeling I've used the same replacement bulb in both as the difference was only slight and it saved me tying to find the two different ones on eBay.

There's a really old thread somewhere which talks about buying a cheap bare bulb from Maplin rather that the more expensive complete Honda item in the coloured plastic holder, but I can't quite find it...

Sorry I should have said I did buy 2 bulbs from maplin and changed the blue one but the brown ones don't pop out

I managed to pull the brown one out now. But. I've lost the flipping bulbs I bought from maplin. Right back down to maplin tomorrow

New bulb in, no joy, swopped switch with passenger side, still no joy. Gazumped!

I've gone through the process of changing the bulbs, swooping over the bulbs from the working side. But now nothing is working at all. The lights come on but both seats do not heat. Could it be a fuse but then the lights wouldn't come on.?

Any joy with this, my seats do not heatup on any setting and the driver side bulb does not light up on high setting. Its not the fuse checked that,