What's new

2.2 ctdi idel problem and cutting out

slim

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord sport
Idles from 800 to 1000 and under braking revs drop and cuts out but starts back up straigh away. Any help appreciated thanks

Iv give it a full service all fillters cleand egr. Found a vac pipe with tiny hole so replaced just went for mot passed. Just not sure why its bad idle also has no engine lights even when it cuts out thanks for reply

Wile under bonnet think exhaust manifold leaking so ordered cast one replacing this weekend. But i dont think that would cause the idel problem??

ref exhaust manifold, maybe a rumour, but if the car is under 126,000 miles Honda may cough up. There's a contact form on the Honda website to ask the question, dealers, need I say more!!

I'm from Durham as well so PM me with your address and mobile no. and I'll come round and read the engine fault code for you.

Manifold done still the same idle. Found if i prime fule bulb while running she runs fine stop primeing and surge comes back thanks again

You either have an air leak, or the filter is blocked.

Did you run the tank to - almost - empty ?

Has this started happening after one particular fuel stop ?

Did run low when i got car. replaced filter since but not with genuine so ordered genuine should be here friday. Thanks again for all the help

I had trouble with the drain seal under the filter canister that came with the car (checking for water)
My fault of course but you might find there is a similar leak in the bottom seal, or possibly the 10mm nut (or connecting pipes) up top.

Did you check the earlier filter for water/debris when you replaced it ?

It all seems dry will have a look tommorow old filter was dirty and genuine. Problem now happens all the time cold/hot but drivrs really well only on idel shopping

Reading 155k but had new engine fitted 3years ago so millage wont be right i wouldnt have thought. All i can think is fule filter or pump but drives really well apart from idle. No leak on filter houseing ether thanks again

Not a problem. I'm also wondering - from previous experience on other vehicles - if you might have a loose electrical connection somewhere.

Have you had the radio reset / lose tune, at any point when you have not disconnected the battery deliberately ?

No problem with radio or anything else think its fule related not sure tho. If i prime bulb while running the engine runs fine stop primeing rough idel or cuts out. Starts straigh back up no lights just bad idle. Will drive fine and boost in all gears just when stopping cuts out idles real bad. Scraching head lol thanks again

I would have said Honda hds to check out

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

Yes i would agree but no engine lights or faults with plug in. Im hopeing its the fule filter is new but crossland make i think genuine one should be here on friday. Thanks again for all the help

Also one to try is cleaning your MAF sensor with the correct spray.
I had this on my car by the revs were fluctuating when I was stopping at junctions and traffic lights.
I no mine is a petrol but for the price of a can of spray it’s good maintenance as well.

New genuine fillter fitted. Cleand intank fillter teabag lol. Still have same problem its getting worse cutting out at every stop. Got a P1065 code yesterday so removed fault code. Car still the same thanks again

When I had my code 1059 problem last week nobody had a clue, seems like only bosh service centres know how these things work so just take it there, and they got all the parts in stock. Probably a bad idea to start pulling her apart because of random guesses.

sonic_hedgehog said:
Got a mate who said something similar, he said we could try to pull the injectors out. But my uncle said that bad fuel can cause it.
Don't see how youd get bad fuel in the UK? I guess it could have got petrol put in by mistake have you tried sniffing the tank to see if you can smell it?

Put good fule in her all the time just brought a 56 plate with 120 on the clock for parts. Doesnt run but down to accident ecu not workin so got all parts. Not sure on what to try first fule pump? Thanks again.

Update think car is fixed stopped using vpd back to normal diesel and engine seems to run fine. Could be a fluke will let you know after next fill thanks again