Angry Ant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name:Sharon Anderson
  • Car :Honda Accord
  • LocationHaywards Heath

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

Please forgive me digging up this previously hashed over issue.

Are there any updates or developments regarding trying to get the SatNav/CD Changer combos to accept an AUX cable kit or similar? I have only the modest ambition to connect my lowly iPod shuffle.

Any ideas, alternatives or pointers greatly received!

#2 Stevearcade

Stevearcade

TA Friend

• Super Moderators
  • 6,738 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car :2003 Accord CM2
  • LocationEastbourne

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:23 PM

There are some options. There's a funny multi pin connection on the back of the unit, that's originally intended for additional/external CD/Tape units. There are a couple of manufactures who make interfaces that you can plug an aux or iPod into and they plug into this input on the back of the unit. I've had one for ages. It's fine. Look up either XCar Link or Grom Audio. The main issue is fitting can be a bit of a faff as you have to remove the gear knob surround, undo a load of screws and bolts, slide a spatula down the side father centre console and tease the centre console out sufficiently to get at the socket on the back.

My CM2 - Cold Air Intake with K&N Filter, Custom 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust, Reflashed ECU, Custom Made 8J Steelies from Extreme Offset, BC Racing Coilovers, Short Shifter, Type-R Gear Knob, XCarLink iPod Interface, Interior & Exterior LED Bulb Conversion, Wind Deflectors, Yellow Fog Lamps, JDM size plates, Type S Grill (with blacked out chrome), Front & Rear Type S Skirts.

#3 Grayedout

Grayedout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Name:Graham Marshall
  • Car :2004 Accord 2.2
  • LocationDerbyshire

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

Will these still give you all the other features of the cd changer and sat Nav etc?

#4 Angry Ant

Angry Ant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHaywards Heath

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

Thank you Steve!
Faff I can do.
I will investigate your leads ....

#5 Angry Ant

Angry Ant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHaywards Heath

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

Update: Grom Audio responded, apparently they have four options that are fully compatible ....

" I can confirm that any of the following four kits:

http://gromaudio.co....&year=2003-2012

Will be fully compatible with your Accord, we use the "external" CD changer port (present on all radios including sat nav versions) meaning you can retain the use of the internal CD changer. Only if you have separate CD changer in the glove box for example would one of these kits replace it.

If you just wanted a simple kit to connect o the headphone socket of the shuffle then I would suggest the AUX1 kit, however the other kits are more advanced allowing to to change tracks on an iPod or phone with the Honda stereo/steering wheel button - needs more than a shuffle.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. "

Many thanks indeed first the info!

#6 Grayedout

Grayedout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

Might want to report back to Grom that the above link gets blocked by my companies firewall as it reports the link is trying to download malicious software to my PC !

#7 Angry Ant

Angry Ant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHaywards Heath

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

Would that be your company trying to keep you on the straight and narrow company business?!

#8 Grayedout

Grayedout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

No because the Grom US site opens fine but the .co.uk one sets alarms off !