What's new

Tailgate strut replacement

VFRbloke

Reaction score
Car
accord tourer
Hi, please can anyone help, i've purchased 2 struts from sgs as my tailgate no longer stays in the open position. Yes I've read the thread on here but can't seem to load the pictures. Can anyone confirm a couple of points please? Do both struts have identical mounting hole centers? Is there a difference in strut between Deisel and petrol models? Just need to clarify before starting, many thanks in advance. My car is the 2.2 Diesel accord tourer exec.

I seem to remember one being longer than the other, my set from SGS were crap, never got round to sending them back as it's such a fiddly job. They held the boot up but it wouldn't go up or down after they were fitted. I think one or both were bent as after fitting the boot would violently shake when trying to go up or down. I ended up just using it like a regular boot and did it by hand.

I've got a word document with the pictures saved on my computer but I don't see a way of putting it in this message and when I use the "paste from word" option it does not show the pics..!

God this site sucks when it comes to images.

Quick question on this one as I've tried searching but I'm at a loss!. My boot won't open using the remote (beeps and makes sound as though it's trying to do something) also won't stay open, but the close button works fine so don't think it's motor related... Am I right thinking the struts are to blame and if so, can anyone point me in the direction of where to source replacements?

Really helpful. Thanks Bongobiker

Would you be able to send the word doc to me... Just so I can figure whether this is within my capability or not!

Bongobiker said:
What's your e-mail?
Hi, could you possibly email to me ? My struts have failed.

Thanks...........ebt

englishbullterrier@btinternet.com