What's new

Flashing glow plug light

gedutism

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
54 Accord cdti
Hi fellas. I have flashing glow plug light on my beloved accord. Mechanics checked filter and few sensors and didnt find a ptoblem. I both common rail as they said change .
Can it be fuel pump.
How other people manage to fix it.

Have you tried looking for fault codes that could be read with the right scanner? My engine kept stopping last week and the warning light came on so the mechanic looked at the fault codes and it meant he went straight to the actual fault.

Mine had low fuel pressure too but also has fault code 1059. See my thread from last weekend. But I never had glowplug light so maybe not same thing.

Has any work been performed on the car recently. i.e. fuel filter change?

how have you confirmed that the fault is low pressure? Have you had the codes read?

Could be a poorly fitted fuel filter which could explain low fuel pressure?
Check all sensors are properly connected to the fuel filter and none have come loose.

read a few forums in the past and remember the Fuel temperature sensor can cause a flashing glow plug light

It's mechanical on the series 7, you might need to drain and flush out the pipes and tank if the failure is confirmed.

So little update. Car been fixed and drives really good.
As it stands was fuel pump fault. Maybe injector was weak anyway so when pump been changed weakness become more visibile.